Federico BarbàraPartner Federico.Barbara@gtlaw.com
Federico has a long time and extensive experience in domestic and international real estate; he advises national and international clients, in any kind of real estate transactions (acquisitions, disposals, developments, management of real estate assets) having any level of complexity (acquisition of assets through NPL purchase or bankruptcy procedure, partnerships etc).
He is competent in all practices ancillary and/or related to real estate as real estate restructuring, construction agreements, commercial leases, real estate finance, fund rules.
- Financial Transactions
- Hospitality & Leisure
- RE workouts and restructuring
- Lease Agreements
- Loans sales and purchases
- Preferred equity investments
- Construction agreements
- Acquisition bridge and mezzanine loans
- Land development
- Representation of Representation for of Tristan Capital Partners in the acquisition and lease back of 150,000 sqm Gross Lettable Area logistic portfolio of five properties from the largest Italian consumers’ cooperative.
- Representation for of EQT Exeter in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio of nine logistics facilities for industry and commerce from Namira SGR p.A., an asset management company specializing in Alternative Investment Funds (AIF) that invest in real estate and receivables, on behalf of the Elisabeth Fund.
- Representation for of InvestCorp in the acquisition of a property in Rome. The building, IFAD Headquarter, is one of Rome’s only LEED Platinum Certified, making the property one of the most attractive industrial assets in Europe.
- Representation for of JP Morgan Asset Management in the sale to Generali Italia S.p.A., selected at the end of a competitive sale process, of 100% share capital of Sericon fund holding a trophy asset located at Via Moscova in Milan.
- Representation for of Kervis S.G.R. in the acquisition, from Cariplo Pension Fund, of a 54,000 sqm portfolio composed of no. 6 mixed use properties (residential, offices, and retail) located across Lombardy.
- Representation for of InvestCorp in the acquisition of a 15,000 sqm property in Milan housing the offices of the global Luxury group Kering. It is one of the few spaces in Italy to have obtained the LEED Core & Shell and Platinum commercial interior certification.
- Representation for of Henderson Park in its first real estate investment in Italy: the acquisition of a mixed-use portfolio of three properties in Milan for 221 million euros.
- Representation for of Vantage Data Center in the acquisition of a plot of land located in west of Milan for the development of a data centre.
- Representation for of San Donato Group in the purchase of the “Unione Nord” land, a portion of the former home of the Falck steel mills in Sesto San Giovanni in northern Milan, for development of a new university campus and hospital under the name Università Vita - Salute San Raffaele.
- Before joining Greenberg Traurig Santa Maria, Federico worked as partner in other prominent Italian law firms.
Anerkennung durch den Markt
- Listed, EMEA Legal 500, Real Estate and Construction, 2022 - 2023
- Listed, Chambers Europe, Real Estate, 2022-2023
- Team Member, U.S. News – Best Lawyers, "Law Firm of the Year: Litigation - Real Estate," 2022
- Team Member, a Law360 “Hospitality Practice Group of the Year,” 2021
- Federico has been awarded with the 2018 Best Real Estate Practice award by legalcommunity magazine.
- Legal 500, Federico Barbara “takes care of every detail.”
- Member, Rome Bar Association
- He is a lecturer in corporate law Masters of the Business School of Sole 24 Ore.
- J.D., summa cum laude, La Sapienza University of Rome
- Italienisch, Native