Whitney Phelps focuses her practice on providing realistic and strategic guidance, solutions and analysis for all types of healthcare stakeholders, including providers of health care and developmental disability services and payors.
Whitney’s experience includes arranging and negotiating complex joint venture agreements. This includes various alternative payment arrangements, between providers and managed care organizations, and other transactions and mergers for clients, with special attention to New York regulatory compliance. Whitney also has wide-ranging experience representing health care entities before the New York State Executive Branch to shape health care policy, Medicaid redesign, laws and regulations.
Prior to joining the firm, Whitney was Director of Managed Care and Associate Counsel at the Healthcare Association of New York State.
- Joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and strategic partnerships
- Health care regulatory compliance
- Corporate formation, governance and licensure (including Utilization Review Agent, Claims Adjuster, Independent Practice Associations and Accountable Care Organizations)
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and management vendors
- Not-for-Profit Revitalization Act
- Reimbursement Issues, including alternative or value-based payments, Medicare and Medicaid and agency review for financial solvency and responsibility (NYS Regulation 164)
- Home and Community Based Services and Settings (HCBS)
- Health care antitrust
- Federal and state self-referral and anti-kickback
- Corporate practice of the professions and fee splitting
- Data Sharing and Privacy, HIPAA, HITECH and Part 2