Dipak J. Shah is an experienced Patent Agent with unique skills comprising a combination of: (i) a practitioner of patent laws in the mechanical, electro-mechanical, software, electrical (soft), and medical devices arts; and (ii) an applied research and development engineer having a strong and sustained record of innovations and technical accomplishments of significant importance over an extended period of time. He assists inventors in identifying and solidifying their innovations to the broadest extent in patent applications comprising multiple embodiments. He conducts state-of-the art searches and prior art searches to determine patentability, and assists with freedom-to-operate, validity, and infringement analysis, including detailed analysis of accused and counterfeit product(s) in view of the claims in asserted patent(s). In addition, he works with clients on competitive analysis of their existing and planned products with a keen eye towards identifying opportunities for broadening his clients’ patent portfolio. Often times, he is considered as an integral part of his clients’ engineering teams. He also provides insight and education regarding U.S. and international patent laws and procedures for his clients.
- Preparation and prosecution of patent applications at the USPTO, PCT, EPO, and in foreign jurisdictions
- Software, business methods, processes, dynamic modeling, simulations, and emulations
- Hard disk drives and storage devices
- Stents, filters, aspirators, balloons, guide wires, catheters, p-H sensors, cryogenics, atrial fibrillators
- Control hardware and software, displays, avionics, wireless systems, sensors, thermal comfort, heating ventilation and air-conditioning systems, processes and controls, and indoor air quality