Tom works with directors and officers, general counsels, risk managers and fiduciaries to develop management and fiduciary liability insurance programs to best protect corporate and personal assets. In the event of claims, Tom works with clients and defense counsel to maximize the protections those policies provide.
In addition, Tom advises clients in the use of transaction insurance products such as representations and warranties, tax indemnity and contingent liability insurance in corporate mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and other deal risk transfers. He has broad experience working through insolvency issues, and fiduciary risks associated with employee stock option programs ("ESOP's").
Tom's insurance advice is based on 30 years of trial work litigating insurance issues for insurance companies as well as underwriters at Lloyd's of London. His experience representing insurers and later policyholders has led him to develop insurance policies for Lloyd's underwriters as well as niche insurance products to cover risks his clients faced where the market had no ready-made solution.
- Insurance Coverage Placement and Resolution of Insurance Disputes Involving:
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
- Representations & Warranties Insurance
- Tax Indemnity Insurance
- Contingent Liability Insurance
- Fiduciary Liability Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance; Crime Policies
- Professional Liability; Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Financial Institution Bonds and Insurance
- Employment practices Liability Insurance Commercial General Liability, Excess and Umbrella Insurance
- "Wraps," "Wrap-ups," Owner-Controlled Insurance Programs ("OCIP's"); Contractor-Controlled Insurance Programs ("CCIP's")
- Property/Business Interruption Insurance
- General Partner Liability Insurance
- Employer's Liability Insurance (coverage for Texas employers opting out of worker's compensation)
- Catastrophe Planning and Response