Tax, trust, and estate laws are updated and amended with ever-increasing frequency. Ensuring that you have properly planned for yourself and your family’s future is essential. Greenberg Traurig’s Trusts & Estates Group is primarily responsible for assisting individual clients and families in attaining their wealth transfer and estate planning objectives. Our attorneys provide integrated income and transfer tax advice that takes into account current and projected changes in the tax and state laws affecting our clients’ planning. GT provides a platform to bring our clients personalized strategies for their estate planning needs on a cost-effective basis. With trusts and estates attorneys in most of the firm’s offices, we are able to counsel our clients in the locations that are the most convenient for them.
Trusts And Estates Counsel
- We counsel clients on virtually every aspect of estate planning to help minimize worry and risk.
- Our attorneys work with clients to evaluate their unique situations and help them achieve their wealth transfer goals.
- We design all necessary documents and structures to maximize tax efficiency and minimize the risk of disputes.
- Our attorneys handle virtually all aspects of estate and trust administration, including the representation of both fiduciaries and beneficiaries in contested probate and trust matters.
- When a dispute becomes unavoidable, our experienced attorneys represent our clients in litigation, mediation, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
- Traditional estate planning, including preparation of revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and wills
- Family business planning
- Life insurance planning
- Employee and retirement benefits
- International estate planning
- Wealth preservation
- Marital agreements
- Estate and trust administration
- Post-mortem planning
- Private foundations
- Publicly supported charities
- Contested probate and trust matters (representation of both fiduciaries and beneficiaries)
- Guardianship administration
- We assist high-net-worth individuals, including senior corporate executives and owners of privately held businesses.
- The firm has represented a number of large institutions in disputes arising out of their fiduciary activities.
Estate Planning And Administration
- We assist our clients in accomplishing tax-efficient wealth transfer consistent with their overall family goals and values.
- Our advice takes into account the current and projected changes in the tax and state laws affecting our clients’ planning.
- We counsel clients regarding:
- Business succession and wealth preservation across generations
- Succession planning with life insurance and employee and retirement benefits
- Gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Charitable giving and the establishment and operation of private and publicly supported charitable organizations
- Administration of trusts and estates
- We represent clients in court in matters involving contested interests and in IRS administrative proceedings involving the determination or assessment of taxes, questions as to the taxable value of closely held businesses, real estate, artwork, and other unique assets.
International Estate Planning
- We offer services to non-citizens and non-resident alien individuals to assist them in structuring an estate and business succession plan that addresses the unique tax rules applicable to them.
- Our attorneys provide wide-ranging services in the area of international estate planning, including domestic wills for non-citizens, foreign trusts, foreign business entities, and pre-immigration planning.