CLICK HERE to view the Webinar Recording. This program is available in Greenberg Traurig’s Client CLE Library. This free Library provides substantive legal knowledge, as well as CLE credit in several jurisdictions, for registered users via on-demand programs and professional development resources. CLE credit is pending accreditation in the following jurisdictions: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TX, and VA. If you would like to take advantage of this free resource, please email email@example.com. If you already have a GT Client CLE Library account you can access this recording by clicking here. You will need to login to your account. Please click “Forgot Password” to have access instructions emailed to you. Email Hoffman_rsvp@gtlaw.com if you have any difficulties accessing your account.
CLICK HERE to download a copy of the Presentation Handout.
Greenberg Traurig's Immigration & Compliance Practice Co-Chair Laura Reiff presented a Webcast on Business Immigration Law and Policy in 2021: A Look in the Crystal Ball on January 19. Over the last four years the U.S. immigration policy has been through many drastic changes. What would a new Congress led by Democrats and a new Administration led by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris do to change the current state of play? Experience with the Obama/Biden Administration and a review of the stated immigration plans of the Biden/Harris campaign indicate that we might see the following:
• Reversal of Travel Ban Proclamations banning entry from those present in the Schengen area, U.K., Ireland, Brazil, Iran, and China
• Reversal of the Ban on the Issuance of Immigrant Visas and Non-immigrant L-1 and H-1 Visas
• Reversal of the Ban on Certain Students from China
• Reinstatement of the DACA Program
• New TPS Designations
• Review of Interim Final and Proposed Rules impacting the H-1B and PERM programs
• Withdrawal of Guidance Memorandums on Respecting Precedent in Adjudication of USCIS cases
• Withdrawal of Public Charge Attestations from those seeking certain Immigration Benefits