BOSTON (Oct. 23, 2014) — Greenberg Traurig’s Emerging Technology practice group is co-hosting the Investors’ Circle Beyond the Pitch: Impact Boston event. Taking place Tuesday, Oct. 28, Beyond the Pitch will showcase 12-15 innovative companies that are solving a social and or environmental challenge and will connect those entrepreneurs to investors and advisors. Greenberg Traurig is co-hosting the event with accounting firm McGladrey.
From 4-5 p.m., Greenberg Traurig will host a workshop covering key legal issues for entrepreneurs including IP, corporate, labor and employment and immigration. Firm panelists include:
- Elizabeth W. Fraser, Boston shareholder, Corporate & Securities Group
- James M. McAleenan, Boston of counsel, Intellectual Property & Technology Group
- Chinh H. Pham, Boston shareholder, co-chair of Greenberg Traurig’s Boston Office Intellectual Property & Technology Group, co-leader of the firm’s Emerging Technology Practice Group, and chair of Greenberg Traurig’s Nanotechnology Group
- Ali Brodie, Denver associate, Business Immigration & Compliance
- Justin F. Keith, Boston associate, Labor & Employment Group
Greenberg Traurig serves as the Investors’ Circle Boston local network partner for 2014-15.
According to its website, Investors' Circle is the oldest, largest and most successful early-stage impact investing network. Together with hundreds of angels, venture capitalists, foundations and family offices, the organization has propelled $182 million plus $4 billion in follow on investment into 285 enterprises dedicated to improving the environment, education, health and community.