NEW YORK (March 26, 2014) – The international law firm Greenberg Traurig LLP was among the winning deal teams recognized at the 2014 M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards. The firm received awards in two categories: Chapter 11 Reorganization of the Year (Over $100mm to $1 Billion) for its role in the Chapter 11 reorganization of HMX, LLC, and Sec. 363 Sale of the Year (Over $100mm to $1 Billion) for its role in the 363 bankruptcy sale of Orchard Supply Hardware Stores.
In the HMX, LLC transaction, Greenberg Traurig represented the pre- and post-petition lender, Salus Capital Partners, LLC, in purchasing and refinancing the company’s senior debt prior to the bankruptcy, financing the company’s reorganization through a 363 sale, and providing exit financing to the go forward operating company. The Greenberg Traurig team included:
- Jeffrey M. Wolf, Shareholder, Business Reorganization & Financial Restructuring, Boston
- William C. Donovan, Shareholder, Corporate & Securities, Boston
- Paul J. Keenan, Jr., Shareholder, Business Reorganization & Financial Restructuring, Miami
- Nancy A. Mitchell, Operating Shareholder, Business Reorganization & Financial Restructuring, New York
- Andrzej Wysokiński, Shareholder, Corporate & Securities, Warsaw
- Michał Kulig, Associate, Corporate & Securities, Warsaw
- Timothy P. Manning, Associate, Corporate & Securities, Boston
In the Orchard Supply Hardware Stores transaction, Greenberg Traurig represented the pre-petition and post-petition term loan lender. The team included Jeffrey M. Wolf, a shareholder in Boston's Business Reorganization & Financial Restructuring Practice.
The awards ceremony was held at Colony Hotel in Palm Beach, Florida, in conjunction with the 2014 M&A Advisor Distressed Investing Summit. According to M&A Advisor, these awards “represent the best of the distressed investing and reorganization industry in 2013.”