MIAMI (May 29, 2014) – The 2014 Chambers USA Guide includes 53 Florida attorneys and 12 Florida practice groups from international law firm Greenberg Traurig. Firm-wide, nearly 200 attorneys and 34 practice areas are listed in the guide. The official rankings were announced May 23.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, publisher of the annual guide, selects attorneys and practices for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients throughout the world. Attorneys, practice areas and firms are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement. Attorneys can also be designated as an “Eminent Practitioner”, “Senior Statesman,” “Star Individual”, “Up and Coming” or “Associate to Watch.” Practice areas are ranked by market as well as nationally.
Recognized as an “Eminent Practitioner” is Miami Shareholder Gary M. Epstein, Chair of Greenberg Traurig’s Global Corporate & Securities Practice, Co-chair of the firm’s Israel Practice and Managing Shareholder of the Tel Aviv office.
Noted again as a “Senior Statesman” is Joseph Z. Fleming, a Miami Shareholder in the firm’s Labor & Employment and Litigation practice groups. Also noted this year as a “Senior Statesman” is Barry Richard, a Tallahassee Shareholder in the firm’s Litigation and Appellate practice groups.
Listed once more as “Star Individuals” are Richard C. McCrea, Jr., Labor & Employment Practice Group Shareholder in the Tampa office; and Tampa shareholder Peter W. Zinober, Co-chair of the firm’s Global Labor & Employment Practice Group and Co-chair of its Global Human Capital Solutions Practice Group.
Recognized as “Up and Coming” is William R. Siegel, a Miami Shareholder and Co-chair of the Miami Tax Practice Group and Paul J. Keenan, Jr, a Bankruptcy/Restructuring Practice Group Shareholder in the Miami office.
In addition to the individual rankings, Chambers and Partners ranks practice areas. The following Greenberg Traurig practice areas received “Band ” placement in the Florida rankings:
• Litigation: General Commercial
Greenberg Traurig attorneys ranked in Florida include:
• David A. Barkus – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Hilarie Bass – Litigation: General Commercial
• Jacqueline Becerra – Litigation: General Commercial
• Randy A. Bullard – Latin American Investment
• David A. Coulson – Litigation: General Commercial
• Lucia A. Dougherty – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Seth J. Entin – Tax
• Gary M. Epstein – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Joseph Z. Fleming – Labor & Employment
• Patricia Menéndez-Cambó – Latin American Investment
• Ira N. Rosner – Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
• Mark P. Schnapp – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations
• Scott M. Grossman – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
• Debbie M. Orshefsky – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Lori Smith-Lalla – Banking & Finance: Public Finance
• James C. Miller – Construction
• Reggie L. Bouthillier – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use
• Peter W. Zinober – Labor & Employment
For the complete Greenberg Traurig rankings, visit: http://chambersandpartners.com/firm/3579/5