NEW YORK (July 16, 2014) –The international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP received a “Top Tier” ranking in the “Real Estate and Construction – Real Estate” category of the 2014 Legal 500 United States guide. Additionally, shareholder and real estate practice chair Robert Ivanhoe is listed as a “Leading Lawyer” in the same category.
The guide’s research team focuses on the “bench strength of the team, and the consistency of quality of the individuals within the team” to determine the appropriate ranking for a firm and its practices. All firms are recommended on merit based on client and peer feedback.
The Legal 500 United States guide describes the firm’s Real Estate Practice as follows:
“With ‘a vast footprint for real estate matters’, Greenberg Traurig LLP’s 200-lawyer practice spans 24 offices across the US, with particular strength in New York, Chicago and Miami. The team has a ‘particular flair for real estate work’ and its ability to provide ‘consistent, in-depth and focused advice’ on ‘high-profile and complex deals’.”
The editorial also notes the team’s work in various matters including its role in the:
- $3.3bn acquisition of five supermarket chains from Supervalu;
- $1.1bn purchase of the Sony building at 550 Madison Avenue;
- joint venture, acquisition and financing of a $375m portfolio from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society;
- the expansion of Brooklyn Bowl into Las Vegas;
- representation of Swire Properties on a number of transactions regarding the Brickell City Center;
- and the sale of a key parcel of land and negotiations relating to the Marina Heights office and retail project for client RP HFL, a Sunbelt Holdings joint venture, and Ryan Companies US Inc.
To read the full editorial provided by Legal 500 about Greenberg Traurig’s real estate “Top Tier” listing, please click here.
Greenberg Traurig’s Real Estate Practice spans 40 years of delivering multidisciplinary legal services for property investment, development and management, as well as real estate finance. The group received the Award for Excellence in Real Estate from Chambers and Partners in 2013 and 2010 and was named a Real Estate Practice Group of the Year by Law360, 2010 through 2013.