FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (August 20, 2014) – The 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 24 attorneys from the Fort Lauderdale office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed across 9 practice areas in the state.
For the eighth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 attorneys listed from across its U.S. offices – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2015 edition of its publication.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer-review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Donn A. Beloff, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, was recognized as a 2015 “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title.
The Greenberg Traurig Fort Lauderdale attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America cover more than 21 different practice areas. James R. George is honored for the first time. The attorneys are listed with their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized:
- David O. Batista (2013) – Commercial Litigation
- Donn A. Beloff (2006) – Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Francis B. Brogan Jr. (2005) – Trusts and Estates
- Jerold I. Budney (2010) – Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation
- William R. Clayton (2010) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation-Construction; Litigation-Real Estate
- Jonathan S. Gelman (2009) – Real Estate Law
- James R. George (2015) – Litigation-Trusts and Estates
- Glenn E. Goldstein (2010) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation-Banking and Finance; Litigation-Real Estate
- Scott M. Grossman (2011) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Litigation-Bankruptcy
- Barbara A. Hall (2007) – Environmental Law; Government Relations Practice
- Jeffrey Allan Hirsch (2010) – Commercial Litigation
- Kenneth A. Horky (2013) – Commercial Litigation
- Stanley G. Jacobs, Jr. (2013) – Corporate Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Stephen F. Katz (2005) – Real Estate Law
- Kara L. MacCullough (2012) – Corporate Compliance Law; Corporate Law
- Bruce I. March (2011) – Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Dan McCawley (2010) – Real Estate Law
- Paul B. McCawley (2009) – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- John L. McManus (2013) – Commercial Litigation
- Matthew W. Miller (2011) – Corporate Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Debbie M. Orshefsky (2006) – Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law
- David C. Peck (2006) – Corporate Law; Health Care Law
- Brian J. Sherr (2007) – Real Estate Law
- Michele L. Stocker (2013) – Commercial Litigation