WASHINGTON, D.C. – Oct. 26, 2015 – International law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP will host its 8th annual Women’s Business Forum Oct. 28 in Washington, D.C. The invitation-only event provides the opportunity for prominent women in leadership from private, non-profit, and public sectors to discuss issues of mutual interest, share individual experiences, and gain insights into achieving professional success.
This year’s program, themed “Women of Influence: Power, Politics, and Purpose,” features notable speakers. These include House of Representatives Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer; Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chairwoman Rep. Linda Sánchez; Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz; Her Excellency Bayan Sami Abdul Rahman; Melody Barnes, CEO of MBSquared Solutions LLC; Kim Keenan, President and CEO of Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council; Kerry Hannon, Career Expert, Author and Speaker; and many other influential women.
In association with the forum, the firm presented, on Oct. 22, the Diana P. Scott Integrity in Action Award, dedicated in memory of former Greenberg Traurig shareholder, Diana P. Scott, who was an early leader in the firm’s Women’s Initiative. Award winners are women recognized by her peers for her work in closing diversity and gender gaps as well as outstanding leadership. This year’s award recipient was Judith L. Lichtman, Senior Advisor at National Partnership for Women & Families.
Greenberg Traurig began its Women’s Business Forum series in 2007, as part of the firm’s long-standing commitment to the advancement of women and the Greenberg Traurig’s Women's Initiative. Panelists are generally high-level female executives, including chief executive officers, chief operating officers, presidents, managing directors, and senior vice presidents from various Fortune 500 companies. The event provides an opportunity for women business leaders to develop, maintain, and expand a career and business development network. The forum rotates host cities every year, providing a setting for professional women to share ideas, develop new skills, as well as meet mentors and business contacts. Greenberg Traurig’s commitment to its women lawyers’ success includes firmwide women’s affinity group encompassing recruiting, retention, and business development. The firm regularly collaborates with like-minded organizations to address these issues on a broader scale in a variety of industries and communities.
The speakers and panelists at the 2015 event will include:
- Johnine Barnes, Shareholder and Chair, Statutory Compliance and Contracts and Regulatory Practice, Greenberg Traurig
- Melody Barnes, CEO of MBSquared Solutions LLC
- Hilarie Bass, Co-President, Greenberg Traurig
- Hon. Joyce Beatty, Member of Congress, 3rd District of Ohio
- Hon. Marsha Blackburn, Member of Congress, 7th District of Tennessee
- Diane Blagman, Senior Director, Government Law & Policy Group, Greenberg Traurig
- Hon. Debbie Dingell, Member of Congress, 12th District of Michigan
- Kerry Hannon, Career Expert/Author/Speaker
- Susan L. Heller, Shareholder and Chair, Global Trademarks and Brand Management Group, Co-Chair of the Women’s Initiative, Greenberg Traurig
- Cindy Hounsell, President, Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement
- Hon. Steny Hoyer, House Democratic Whip, Member of Congress, 5th District of Maryland
- Kim Keenan, President and CEO, Multicultural Media, Telecom & Internet Council
- Hon. Robin Kelly, Member of Congress, 2nd District of Illinois
- Victoria Reggie Kennedy, Senior Counsel, Greenberg Traurig and Co-Founder and President of the Board, Edward M. Kennedy Institute
- Laura Metcoff Klaus, Co-Managing Shareholder, Washington D.C. Office, Greenberg Traurig
- Hon. Brenda Lawrence, Member of Congress, 14th District of Michigan
- Judith L. Lichtman, Senior Advisor, National Partnership for Women & Families
- Amy Millman, President, Springboard Enterprises
- Her Excellency Bayan Sami Abdul Rahman, Kurdistan Regional Government Representative to the United States
- Hon. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Member of Congress, 27th District of Florida
- Martha A. Sabol, Shareholder and Co-Chair, Gaming Practice, Co-Chair of the Women's Initiative, Greenberg Traurig
- Hon. Linda Sánchez, Chairwoman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Member of Congress, 38th District of California
- Nancy Taylor, Shareholder and Co-Chair, Health and FDA Business Practice, Greenberg Traurig
- Hon. Ann Wagner, Member of Congress, 2nd District of Missouri
- Hon. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Member of Congress, 23rd District of Florida
- Hon. Albert Wynn, former Member of Congress, 4th District of Maryland and Senior Director, Greenberg Traurig