MCLEAN, Virginia – June 16, 2015 – Attorneys from the Northern Virginia office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP were listed in the 2015 editions of Chambers USA Guide and Legal 500 United States. Firmwide, 180 attorneys in 32 practice areas were recognized in Chambers USA Guide 2015 in addition to more than 100 attorneys in 25 practice areas listed in Legal 500.
According to its website, Chambers and Partners, publisher of the annual guide, selects attorneys and practices for inclusion based on thousands of interviews with practicing lawyers and clients around the world. Attorneys, practice areas, and firms are ranked by placement in “bands,” with Band 1 being the highest placement.
Greenberg Traurig has received several awards from Chambers throughout the years, including the Chambers Global Awards USA Law Firm of the Year, five Chambers Awards for Excellence, and a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Scott Meza, Corporate/M&A – Northern Virginia
- Laura Foote Reiff, Immigration – Nationwide
- Martha J. Schoonover, Immigration – Nationwide
- Jonathan M. Forster, Wealth Management: Eastern Region – Nationwide
The Legal 500 United States Awards will recognize what the publisher calls the best in-house and private practice teams and individuals over the past 12 months. More than 50,000 interviews were conducted to ascertain the winners, who will be honored at a dinner at The Boathouse in Central Park Oct. 14, 2015. Published by Legalese, The Legal 500 guides (published by country or region) “provide research and law firm rankings to enable clients to identify the best law firm for the job.” Firms are recommended on merit, based on client and peer feedback.
The Northern Virginia attorneys recognized in The Legal 500 United States 2015 include:
- Laura Foote Reiff, Elite “Leading Lawyer”; Labor and Employment – Immigration
- Pamela J. Mak, Labor and Employment – Immigration
- Martha J. Schoonover, Labor and Employment – Immigration