LAS VEGAS – Aug. 19, 2015 – The 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America recognizes 14 attorneys from the Las Vegas office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Additionally, for the ninth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2016 edition – over 350 attorneys are listed from across the firm’s U.S. offices.
Attorneys included in the Best Lawyers rankings are selected entirely on peer-review, according to its website. This process ensures a general consensus of leading attorney opinions on their peers’ capabilities for their respective practice areas.
Three Las Vegas shareholders are recognized as a 2016 ‘Lawyer of the Year,’ including mergers and acquisitions attorney John C. Jeppsen, trademark attorney Mark G. Tratos, and gaming attorney Michael J. Bonner.
The additional 11 Greenberg Traurig Las Vegas attorneys listed in 2016 Best Lawyers in America are:
- John N. Brewer – Corporate
- Mark A. Clayton – Gaming Law
- Lance Coburn – Commercial Litigation
- Tami D. Cowden – Appellate Practice
- Mark E. Ferrario – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Litigation – Real Estate
- Jodi R. Goodheart – Real Estate Law
- Philip M. Hymanson – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Real Estate
- Jim Mace – Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law
- Edward J. Quirk – Copyright Law; Patent Law; Trademark Law
- Eric W. Swanis – Commercial Litigation
- Gregg R. Vermeys – Real Estate Law
In Nevada, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed based on number of attorneys in the state and in the Las Vegas metro market for Copyright Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.