BOCA RATON and WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – Aug. 25, 2015 – The 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 19 attorneys from the Boca Raton and West Palm Beach offices of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed across six practice areas in the state.
For the ninth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 attorneys listed from across its U.S. offices – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2016 edition of its publication.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Two Greenberg Traurig West Palm Beach lawyers received special recognition as “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title. The attorneys recognized as Lawyers of the Year, with their respective location and practice area include:
Shareholders Rebecca G. DiStefano and Lorie M. Gleim are honored for the first time.
Greenberg Traurig is top-listed based on number of attorneys in the following metro markets:
Boca Raton: Tax Law
West Palm Beach: Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Litigation – Securities
The Boca Raton office is also top-listed for having the highest number of recognized lawyers in the metro market.
The Greenberg Traurig Florida attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America cover more than 55 different practice areas. The attorneys are listed with their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized:
Rebecca G. DiStefano (2016) – Corporate Law
Dennis W. Hillier (2007) – Real Estate Law
Jeffrey S. Kahn (2010) – Tax Law
Marvin A. Kirsner (2008) – Tax Law
Marcia H. Langley (2010) – Real Estate Law
Craig T. McClung (2012) – Tax Law
Stephen A. Mendelsohn (2013) – Litigation; Banking and Finance
West Palm Beach
- Bridget A. Berry (2012) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Litigation – Real Estate
- Mark F. Bideau (2009) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – First Amendment; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Litigation – Land Use and Zoning; Litigation – Real Estate; Litigation – Securities; Mass Tort Litigation / Class Action-Defendants
- Joseph C. Coates III (2011) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy); Litigation – Securities
- Tracy L. Gerber (2014) – Litigation – Securities
- Laurie L. Gildan (2009) – Litigation – Real Estate; Real Estate Law
- Lorie M. Gleim (2016) – Litigation – Securities
- Phillip H. Hutchinson (2015) – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Bradford D. Kaufman (2008) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy); Litigation – Securities; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- David M. Layman (2010) – Real Estate Law
- Patricia A. Leonard (2014) – Commercial Litigation
- Robert Sanders (2010) – Land Use and Zoning Law
- Stephen D. Sanford (2010) - Public Finance Law
In Florida, Greenberg Traurig was top listed in the following six practice areas:
Government Relations Practice
Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Litigation – Securities
Public Finance Law
Securities/Capital Markets Law