NEW YORK – Feb. 26, 2016 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has had five attorneys accept positions on a variety of Law360 editorial advisory boards for 2016. As board members, the attorneys will provide feedback on Law360's coverage and offer insights to help shape future coverage at the digital news service.
- Michael J. Grygiel, Media & Entertainment Litigation Practice shareholder in the firm’s Albany office, will serve on the 2016 Law360’s Media & Entertainment editorial advisory board. Grygiel focuses his national practice on media and First Amendment law, with an emphasis on defending news and entertainment organizations from newsgathering and publication-related claims, including defamation, copyright infringement, and invasion of privacy matters. In defending the press, Grygiel has been counsel of record in numerous state and federal court jurisdictions across the country.
- Susan L. Heller, Intellectual Property & Technology Practice shareholder and chair of the firm's Global Trademarks and Brand Management Group and co-chair of the firm’s Global Women’s Initiative, will serve on the 2016 Intellectual Property editorial advisory board for the fifth time. Based in the firm’s Los Angeles and Orange County offices, Heller represents Fortune 500 companies, world champion athletes, highly visible pre-IPO companies, and A-list entertainment personalities, who turn to her for "bet-the brand," high-stakes trademark matters.
- Carolyn McNiven, White Collar Criminal Defense Practice shareholder in the firm’s San Francisco office, will serve on the 2016 White Collar editorial advisory board. For more than two decades, McNiven has focused her practice on federal criminal law. As a federal criminal prosecutor, McNiven led several high-profile prosecutions of sitting state and federal officials and corporate executives; tried numerous jury cases; and established a health care fraud task force. She now represents individuals and companies facing government enforcement action.
- Nelson F. Migdal, shareholder and co-chair of the firm’s Hospitality Group, will serve on the 2016 Hospitality editorial advisory board for the second consecutive year. Based in the firm’s Washington D.C. office, Migdal focuses his practice on hotel acquisitions, operations, development and finance, large mixed-use projects, hotel management agreements, licensing agreements, commercial real estate acquisition and sale, and commercial leasing.
- Daniel Serota, Mergers & Acquisitions Practice shareholder in the firm’s New York City office, will serve on the 2016 M&A editorial advisory board. Serota concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions and private equity. He is trusted by various clients, including global Fortune 50 companies and private funds, to handle their complex transactional needs. His recognitions include the New York Law Journal “Rising Star,” M&A Advisor “40 Under 40,” and The New York Times "The Facebook of Wall Street’s Future." Serota advises clients in a wide array of industries, with an emphasis on technology, media and telecommunications, financial institutions, hospitality, and retail.