WASHINGTON, D.C. – May 5, 2016 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has 17 attorneys from its Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia offices named to the 2016 Super Lawyers list, an independent rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas. The firm’s attorneys in Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia have been consistently ranked in Super Lawyers; some have been ranked for a decade. In addition, the publication named four Greenberg Traurig attorneys as Washington, D.C. Rising Stars.
Super Lawyers is a research-driven, peer-influenced rating service of lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The mission of Super Lawyers is to bring visibility to those attorneys who exhibit excellence in practice.
Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed as Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers:
- James Bacchus – International
- David G. Barger (also recognized in Virginia Super Lawyers) – Business Litigation
- Johnine P. Barnes – Employment & Labor
- Robert S. Brams – Construction Litigation
- Mitchell F. Brecher – Communications
- Robert P. Charrow – Health Care
- Mark G. Davis – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Laura Metcoff Klaus – Appellate
- Pamela J. Marple – Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Kenneth M. Minesinger – Energy & Natural Resources
- Ronald J. Pabis – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Joe R. Reeder – Government Contracts & Projects
- Sanford M. Saunders – Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Michael J. Schaengold – Government Contracts
- Stephen K. Shahida – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Jerry Stouck – Government Contracts
- Nancy E. Taylor – Health Care
Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed as Washington, D.C. Rising Stars:
- Danielle M. Diaz (now based in the firm’s Tampa office) – Business Litigation
- Patrick J. McCarthy – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Thomas J. McKee, Jr. (also recognized in Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars) – Business Litigation
- John R. Richards (now based in firm’s Atlanta office) – Employment & Labor
Greenberg Traurig’s Washington, D.C. office is home to a multidisciplinary team of lawyers and governmental affairs professionals with strategic experience helping companies of all sizes to navigate the federal government. The office’s work encompasses governmental affairs, federal procurement, global trade and investment, health and FDA business, litigation, government contracts, antitrust, insurance recovery and advisory, energy, telecommunications, real estate, intellectual property, representation of foreign governments, and national defense and homeland security. Greenberg Traurig’s clients range from the federal defense sector to energy, telecommunications and health care companies, which we represent before government agencies, regulatory bodies, Congress and the courts. The firm’s D.C. attorneys are also involved in handling a wide range of corporate and finance work for clients in these industries.
The firm’s Northern Virginia office is also multifaceted, serving as a broad-based legal services provider and a regional hub of the firm. Greenberg Traurig’s experienced, pragmatic attorneys advise clients on a broad array of legal matters, encompassing corporate and securities, real estate, wealth management, tax, business immigration, labor and employment, litigation, and government contracts.
According to the publication, the selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. Super Lawyers Magazine features the list and profiles of selected attorneys and is distributed to attorneys in the state or region and the ABA-accredited law school libraries. Super Lawyers is also published as a special section in leading city and regional magazines across the country. In the United States, Super Lawyers Magazine is published in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., reaching more than 13 million readers.