MIAMI – June 24, 2016 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. announced that 20 Florida attorneys are recognized in Florida Trend magazine’s 2016 Legal Elite. The attorneys chosen by their peers for this recognition are considered among the top 2 percent of lawyers practicing within the state of Florida.
Seven Greenberg Traurig Shareholders received special honors as members of this year’s Legal Elite Hall of Fame: Miami Shareholders Mark D. Bloom, Burt Bruton, Gary A. Saul and Elliot H. Scherker; Tallahassee Shareholder Barry Richard; and Tampa Shareholders Richard C. McCrea Jr. and David B. Weinstein. Hall of Fame designees have been recognized in the Legal Elite every year for at least the past decade.
Tallahassee Associate Michael H. Moody was also recognized by Legal Elite as an Up and Comer. Respected by their peers for excellence in the legal field, these attorneys under 40 years old represent the future of the legal profession in Florida.
The nomination process for Florida Legal Elite is open to all Florida Bar members, who are asked to “name attorneys whom they hold in the highest regard or would recommend to others.”
The following Greenberg Traurig attorneys are listed among Florida Trend’s Legal Elite honorees:
Dan McCawley, Real Estate
- Mark D. Bloom, Bankruptcy & Workout, Hall of Fame
- Burt Bruton, Real Estate, Hall of Fame
- Joseph Z. Fleming, Labor & Employment
- Ricardo L. Fraga, Real Estate
- Barry L. Rothberg, Commercial Litigation
- Gary A. Saul, Real Estate, Hall of Fame
- Elliot H. Scherker, Appellate Practice, Hall of Fame
- Russell P. Hintze, Tax
- I. William Spivey II, Commercial Litigation
- Michael D. Starks, Banking & Financial
- Michael H. Moody, Commercial Litigation, Up and Comer
- Sonya C. Penley, Health
- Barry Richard, Commercial Litigation, Hall of Fame