ORLANDO, Fla. – Aug. 16, 2016 – The 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 16 attorneys from the Orlando office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed across five practice areas in the state.
For the 10th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 attorneys listed from across its U.S. offices – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2017 edition of its publication.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Two Greenberg Traurig Orlando lawyers received special recognition as “Lawyer of the Year.” Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title. The attorneys recognized as Lawyers of the Year, with their respective practice area include:
- Russell P. Hintze, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Michael J. Sullivan, Leisure and Hospitality Law
The Greenberg Traurig Orlando attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America cover more than 11 different practice areas. The attorneys are listed with their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized:
- James Bacchus (2006) – International Trade and Finance Law
- Warren S. Bloom (2007) – Public Finance Law
- Orlando L. Evora (2007) – Real Estate Law
- Peter J. Fides II (2008) – Real Estate Law
- Andrew R. Finkelstein (2016) – Corporate Law
- Gregory W. Herbert (2010) – Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent
- Russell P. Hintze (2008) – Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Tax Law
- Joseph J. JeBailey (2013) – Real Estate Law
- Julie P. Kendig-Schrader (2008) – Environmental Law; Litigation – Land Use and Zoning; Real Estate Law
- Adam B. Landa (2013) – Copyright Law; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent
- Scott R. MacLeod (2007) – Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
- Jonathan M. Perry (2014) – Real Estate Law
- Alan C. Sheppard Jr. (2013) – Real Estate Law
- I. William Spivey II (2009) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Real Estate
- Michael J. Sullivan (2005) – Leisure and Hospitality Law; Real Estate Law
- Jéan E. Wilson (2007) – Public Finance Law
In Florida, Greenberg Traurig was top listed in the following five practice areas:
- Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation – Securities
- Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Public Finance Law
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.