TALLAHASSEE – Aug. 16, 2016 – The 2017 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 10 attorneys from the Tallahassee office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed across five practice areas in the state.
For the 10th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 attorneys listed from across its U.S. offices – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2017 edition of its publication.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Greenberg Traurig Tallahassee Shareholder Michael J. Cherniga received special recognition as “Lawyer of the Year” in Health Care Law. Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title.
Greenberg Traurig is top-listed based on number of attorneys in the Tallahassee metro market in the following practice area:
- Health Care Law
The Greenberg Traurig Tallahassee attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America cover more than 10 different practice areas. The attorneys are listed with their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized:
- David C. Ashburn (2008) – Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law
- Fred W. Baggett (2007) – Government Relations Practice
- Lorence Jon Bielby (2008) – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Technology Law
- Michael J. Cherniga (2006) – Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law
- Fred F. Harris (2010) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Tax Law
- M. Hope Keating (2010) – Appellate Practice; Health Care Law
- Robert R. McDonald (2009) – Real Estate Law
- Maribel N. Nicholson-Choice (2010) – Environmental Law
- Sonya C. Penley (2016) – Health Care Law
- Barry Richard (2006) – Appellate Practice; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law; Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
In Florida, Greenberg Traurig was top listed in the following five practice areas:
- Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation – Securities
- Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Public Finance Law
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.