BOSTON – Aug. 22, 2017 – The 2018 edition of Best Lawyers in America lists nine Boston attorneys from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. For the 11th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is recognized for having more attorneys listed in the guide than any other law firm. The 2018 edition of Best Lawyers in America lists more than 360 Greenberg Traurig attorneys nationwide and 26 of the firm’s attorneys as “Lawyers of the Year” in their respective practices and markets.
According to its website, Best Lawyers in America was compiled based on peer reviews provided by leading attorneys throughout the country within the same geographical area and legal practice area as the nominees.
The Boston Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed, their corresponding category/practice areas(s), and the year they were first listed are:
• Joseph P. Davis III (2018) – Litigation - Bankruptcy
• John F. Farraher, Jr. (2018) - Commercial Litigation
• John J. Griffin, Jr. (1983) – Real Estate Law
• Edward S. Hershfield – (2009) – Real Estate Law
• James D. Masterman (2007) – Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
• Terence P. McCourt (2018) - Employment Law – Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment
• Christopher H. Milton (2010) – Real Estate Law
• A. John Pappalardo (2006) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation – Securities
• James R. Shea, Jr. (2010) – Real Estate Law
Additionally, Masterman was named a 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Boston Office
Established in 1999, Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office is home to nearly 70 attorneys practicing in the areas of corporate, emerging technology, governmental affairs, intellectual property, labor and employment, life sciences and medical technology, litigation, public finance, and real estate. An important contributor to the firm's international platform, the Boston office includes a team of nationally recognized attorneys with both public and private sector experience. The team offers clients the value of decades of legal experience and hands-on knowledge of the local business community, supported by the firm's vast network of global resources.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GTLaw) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East and is celebrating its 50th anniversary. One firm worldwide, GTLaw has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and among the Top 20 on the 2016 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.