BOSTON – March 22, 2018 – On Tuesday, March 27, 2018, Greenberg Traurig LLP’s (GT) global Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group will host its 5th MedTech Partnering Day from 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the firm’s Boston office. The event connects some of New England’s most innovative emerging medtech companies with strategic partners Medtronic and Baxter to maximize opportunities for collaboration, new business development, and market expansion. The program, supported by MassMEDIC and LB Ventures, includes:
- “State of the MedTech Industry” keynote by MassMEDIC President Tom Sommer
- Company presentations by Medtronic and Baxter
- Panel discussion focused on innovation and M&A trends
- “Products Liability Update” lunch presentation
- One-on-one meetings between the strategic partners and emerging medtech companies
- Networking opportunities throughout the day
This event is expected to gather more than 75 innovators and leaders from across the medical device and technology industries and features the following GT attorneys:
- David J. Dykeman, Boston patent attorney and shareholder, co-chair of the firm’s Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group, and co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property (IP) Group in Boston
- Wayne H. Elowe, shareholder and co-chair of the Corporate Group in Atlanta
- Evan C. Holden, shareholder in the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device & Health Care Litigation Group in Atlanta
Additionally, Terence P. McCourt, managing shareholder of the GT’s Boston office, will offer welcome remarks.
GT’s prior MedTech Partnering Days featured representatives from Boston Scientific, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Philips, Sanofi, Smith & Nephew, and ZOLL Medical Corporation, as well as a range of early-stage companies from at least seven different states and Canada, who met with company executives.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group
Greenberg Traurig’s Life Sciences & Medical Technology Group advises clients ranging from startups to large multinational public companies to leading research institutions. The group’s attorneys work closely with clients, providing innovative legal counsel to help them achieve their objectives – from discovery through commercialization and product marketing.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Boston Office
Established in 1999, Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office is home to over 70 attorneys practicing in the areas of bankruptcy, corporate, emerging technology, energy, governmental affairs, intellectual property, labor and employment, life sciences and medical technology, litigation, public finance, and real estate. An important contributor to the firm's international platform, the Boston office includes a team of nationally recognized attorneys with both public and private sector experience. The team offers clients the value of decades of legal experience and hands-on knowledge of the local business community, supported by the firm's vast network of global resources.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.