PHOENIX – August 27, 2018 – The 2019 edition of Best Lawyers in America lists 20 attorneys from the Phoenix office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Additionally, one Phoenix attorney was named “Lawyer of the Year,” and the firm was top-listed for Venture Capital Law statewide in Arizona and in the Phoenix metro market for Banking and Finance Law. The firm was also top-listed nationally for Entertainment Law and Corporate Law.
Brian H. Blaney was listed as “Lawyer of the Year” for Venture Capital Law. Only one lawyer in each practice and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.”
This year, 364 Greenberg Traurig attorneys from across the firm’s U.S. offices are ranked in the publication, with 30 of the firm’s attorneys named “Lawyers of the Year.” For the 12th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed by Best Lawyers for having the highest number of attorneys listed.
According to the Best Lawyers website, attorneys are selected based upon a peer-review process, in an effort to capture a general consensus from leaders in the legal field regarding their peers’ accomplishments and capabilities.
The Phoenix Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed in 2018 Best Lawyers in America are:
- Benjamin Aguilera – International Trade and Finance Law
- Brian H. Blaney – Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, Venture Capital Law
- Mary E. Bruno – Employment Law – Management
- Rebecca Lynne Burnham – Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- Michael Cafiso – Public Finance Law
- David D. Cleary – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- John E. Cummerford – Copyright Law, Patent Law, Technology Law, Trademark Law
- William R. DeHaan – Public Finance Law
- Karl A. Freeburg – Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law
- Robert M. Goldich – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation -Labor and Employment
- Robert S. Kant – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation
- Leslie (Les) A. Klein – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Bruce E. Macdonough – Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Kevin J. Morris – Banking and Finance Law – Management, Real Estate Law
- James M. Nelson – Employment Law – Management
- Pamela Overton Risoleo – Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Gil Rudolph – Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- Jeffrey H. Verbin – Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- E. Jeffrey Walsh – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate
- Quinn P. Williams – Corporate Law, Franchise Law, Venture Capital Law
The “Top Listed” designation is given to the firm that has the most listed lawyers in a particular location and practice area. The recognition is based exclusively on number of listed attorneys, according to Best Lawyers.
About Greenberg Traurig Phoenix Greenberg Traurig’s Phoenix attorneys practice locally and nationally at the intersection of business, government, and the law. Combining local experience and global reach, the Phoenix team represents clients in matters related to commercial litigation, securities, mergers and acquisitions, municipal and corporate finance, intellectual property, labor and employment, real estate, and bankruptcy
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.