CHICAGO – Aug. 15, 2018 – Twenty-two attorneys from the Chicago office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP are included in the 2019 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Of Counsel Samuel K. Skinner is also recognized as the 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” in Government Relations in Chicago.
Nationwide, the guide lists 364 Greenberg Traurig attorneys and recognizes 30 of these as “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective practices and markets. This is the 12th consecutive year that the firm has had more attorneys listed in the guide than any other law firm.
According to Best Lawyers, inclusion in its guide is completely based on peer-review and only one lawyer in each practice and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.”
The Chicago Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed in the 2019 edition include:
- Michael J. Baum – Real Estate Law
- Sean W. Bezark – Environmental Law
- Matthew J. Cannon – Criminal Defense: White Collar, Qui Tam Law
- James J. Caserio – Real Estate Law
- Francis A. Citera – Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Michael T. Fishman – Real Estate Law
- Paul T. Fox – Commercial Litigation
- Mark R. Galis – Patent Law, Trademark Law
- John F. Gibbons – Commercial Litigation
- Richard D. Harris – Litigation – Intellectual Property, Patent Law
- Dean A. Isaacs – Real Estate Law
- Michael D. Karpeles – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management
- Matthew R. Lewin – Public Finance Law
- Peter H. Lieberman – Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Corey E. Light – Real Estate Law
- Scott T. Mendeloff – Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Gretchen N. Miller – Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Gregory E. Ostfeld – Appellate Practice
- Nancy A. Peterman – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Martha A. Sabol – Gaming Law
- Keith J. Shapiro – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Samuel K. Skinner – Government Relations Practice
About Greenberg Traurig – Chicago: Greenberg Traurig's Chicago office strives to be as dynamic and diverse as the city it calls home. Since its inception in 1999, it has grown from three attorneys to more than 150 today. Lawyers in Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago office represent a wide range of clients, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative start-ups, and practice in nearly every major practice area and industry. Offering local knowledge and broad experience, Greenberg Traurig’s Chicago lawyers work with their colleagues in Greenberg Traurig’s other offices in the United States and abroad to help clients achieve their objectives locally, nationally, and globally.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, was named the largest firm in the U.S. by Law360 in 2017, and is among the Top 20 on the 2017 Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.