ORLANDO – Oct. 23, 2019 – The Orlando office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. was recently recognized by the Orlando Business Journal as an ‘Outstanding Diverse Organization’ in the small business category at the publication’s second annual Diversity in Business Awards.
“In this day and age, diversity initiatives must be regarded as critical to the operational success of an organization. Those who don’t ‘walk the walk’ will find themselves consistently trying to improve company culture,” said Orlando L. Evora, co-managing shareholder of the Orlando office of Greenberg Traurig. “We are proud that Greenberg Traurig has remained at the forefront of implementing diversity and inclusion efforts, and the company stands committed to these long-time initiatives.”
The Diversity in Business Awards honor central Florida leaders and businesses with operations in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, Brevard, and Volusia counties in a variety of industries that have demonstrated excellence in all areas of equality, according to the Orlando Business Journal. At this year’s event on Oct. 11 there were 15 winners – eight companies and seven individuals.
“Diversity is actually an excellent business strategy,” said Jéan E. Wilson, co-managing shareholder of the Orlando office. “Your customers and your community are diverse. To serve them well, you need a diverse team that understands what is important to your stakeholders. When your leaders and staff understand your customers, you have the best chance of delivering exactly what they need from you which increases the likelihood of creating a win/win situation for your business and your customers.”
In addition to being recognized in the Orlando Business Journal’s 2019 Diversity in Business Awards, many Greenberg Traurig leaders and offices have been recognized nationally for their diversity efforts, including:
- Diversity, Women’s & LGBT Scorecards, The American Lawyer/National Law Journal, 2019
- No. 1, Number of African American Partners Overall
- No. 1, Number of African American Attorneys Overall
- No. 1, Number of Hispanic American/Latino Partners Overall
- No. 1, Number of Hispanic American/Latino Attorneys Overall
- No. 5, Number of LGBT Partners Overall
- No. 6, Number of Minority Attorneys Overall
- No. 6, Number of Female Partners Overall
- No. 7, Number of Asian American Partners Overall
- No. 1, U.S. Firms in the UK, Top 50 Diversity Rankings, The Lawyer, 2019
- No. 9, 600+ Lawyers Category, “100 Best Law Firms for Minority Attorneys,” Diversity Snapshot, Law360, 2019
- Most Innovative Gender Diversity Initiative, Chambers Women in Law Awards: USA, Chambers and Partners, 2018
- No. 5, Top Firms for Minority Equity Partners Overall, 600+ Attorney Category, Diversity Snapshot, Law360, 2018
To learn more about Greenberg Traurig’s diversity and inclusion initiatives, visit https://www.gtlaw.com/en/general/our-firm/diversity.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.