NEW YORK – Dec. 23, 2019 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has been shortlisted for Law Firm of the Year (Transactions), North America at the Global PERE Awards 2019. Winners will be announced in March 2020. The Global PERE Awards recognize the firms, individuals, and deals that best represent the private real estate asset class in the past year.
“Greenberg Traurig is committed to understanding our clients’ needs and providing a high-level and entrepreneurial approach to our services,” said Real Estate Practice Co-Chairs Robert J. Ivanhoe, Corey E. Light, and Richard J. Giusto in a joint statement. “Being selected as a finalist for this award demonstrates our team’s ability to work seamlessly across the country on the full spectrum of real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on real estate funds.”
Greenberg Traurig real estate deals that resulted in this PERE recognition include the following recent representative transactions:
- Representation of Invesco Real Estate and L + M Development partners in a $1.2 billion New York real estate portfolio acquisition. The portfolio consisted of five multifamily assets, including subsidized market units, from a venture of Brookfield Asset Management and Urban American. The portfolio includes the River Crossing, the Heritage, the Miles in Harlem, and the Parker and Roosevelt Landings on Roosevelt Island, representing 2,800 market-rate units. Invesco and L+M plan to return more than 1,800 of the units to long-term rent regulation.
- Representation of Square Mile Capital Management in connection with the acquisition, assemblage, and ground-up development of One Chicago Square, a 76-story, 1.5 million-square-foot mixed-use tower occupying a full city block in Chicago, IL, consisting of 700 residential rental units, 70 residential condominium units, 200,000 square feet of retail space, and 50,000 square feet of office space (all approximations). Square Mile invested approximately $250 million of an aggregate $800 million capitalization, which investment was structured as preferred equity and mezzanine debt.
- Representation of Kimco Realty Corp. in the development of Dania Pointe in Dania, Florida. Dania Pointe is a 102-acre premier mixed-use development that will feature retail, restaurants, Class A offices, hotels, luxury apartments, and a public event space close to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and the Port Everglades Cruise Port.
- Representation of Albertsons Companies Inc. in connection with the $1 billion sale and leaseback of approximately 100 stores located throughout the United States.
- Representation of Blackstone in the $540 million acquisition of the 934,000 square-foot 800 Fifth Avenue office building in Seattle and the $327,600,000 loan from Deutsche Bank AG for a portion of the acquisition costs.
- Representation of KBS Real Estate Investment Trust on its recent sale of a 3.4 million-square-foot portfolio of 11 U.S. office properties for $1.2 billion.
- Representation of Adler Development in the agreement to build the new City of Miami administration building in a $1 billion mixed-use development on the Miami River.
About Greenberg Traurig's Real Estate Practice: The Greenberg Traurig Real Estate Practice is a cornerstone of the firm and recognized leader in the industry. The firm’s real estate attorneys deliver diversified and comprehensive counsel for property acquisition and investment, development, management and leasing, financing, restructuring, and disposition of all asset classes of real estate. The team draws upon the knowledge and experience of more than 400 real estate lawyers from around the world, serving clients from key markets in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, and Asia. The group’s clientele includes a broad range of property developers, lenders, investment managers, private equity funds, REITs, and private owners. The firm’s real estate team advises clients on a variety of matters across a broad spectrum of commercial, recreational, and residential real estate, including structured equity and debt and the hybrids.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.