New York – March 07, 2019 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has elevated Intellectual Property & Technology attorneys Todd Basile, Jonathan E. Giroux, and Lisa Li to shareholder. Additionally, Amy L. Kramer, Nicholas Martin, Bethany A. Stokes, and Stephen M. Ullmer have been elevated to of counsel.
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig announced the elevation of 32 attorneys to shareholder and 27 to of counsel/counsel in more than 20 areas of legal practice. The firm, which earlier this year opened its 30th office in the United States and 39th worldwide, also reported a fifth consecutive year of record revenue of more than USD $1.55 Billion, an increase of USD $80 Million over 2017.
- Basile helps technology companies protect and commercialize their innovations across a wide range of industries, including wearable robotics, medical devices, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnology, software, and aerospace. He also represents technology investors in M&A deals, negotiates IP licenses and technology development agreements, and assists clients in navigating intellectual property disputes. He was formerly an engineer at Bell Helicopter Textron and draws on several years of industry experience to deliver uniquely tailored strategies and services to his clients.
- Giroux’s practice focuses on a broad range of intellectual property matters, including procurement and enforcement of patent, copyright, and trademark rights, with a particular focus on patent prosecution and litigation. His patent litigation experience includes both competitor-to-competitor cases and defending against non-practicing entities.
- Li concentrates her practice on patent, trademark, and copyright litigation, as well as prosecution, management, and enforcement of trademarks globally. She litigates in federal district courts and in front of the International Trade Commission. She also advises clients of all sizes on a wide variety of cross-border litigations and transactions, particularly matters involving consumer electronics, mobile apps, and telecommunications.
- Kramer advises clients on the protection of their intellectual property rights and establishing effective domestic and international brand management best practices. She focuses her practice on patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret matters, with an emphasis on litigation. Kramer also has experience in anti-counterfeiting policing and strategy and non-compete agreements.
- Martin has a wide range of intellectual property and technology experience including, a number of patent litigation matters involving a variety of technologies and industries including Internet applications, mobile platforms, communication networks and online search. He also has prosecution experience in the electrical, computer science, mechanical, business methods and medical arts, including technological areas such as mobile platforms and applications, web server operations, interactive audio/video distribution and processing systems, social networking platforms, and Internet advertising. Additionally, he has experience in the areas of traditional software licensing, VAR agreements, white label agreements, SaaS/PaaS/IaaS agreements, privacy policies, terms of services, strategic alliances, and many other commercial relationships.
- Stokes practices in the areas of trademark prosecution, licensing, and IP due diligence. With a focus on assisting clients in the selection, clearance, and prosecution of trademarks worldwide, she counsels clients on all aspects of procurement and enforcement of intellectual property rights, including domestic and international trademarks. Stokes also focuses her practice on intellectual property transactional matters including negotiating and drafting of licensing, joint venture and other IP-related agreements and conducting intellectual property due diligence investigations in M&A transactions.
- Ullmer concentrates his practice on intellectual property matters, particularly patent litigation. He has tried cases involving software, internet technology, cellular technology, and pharmaceuticals, and has litigated cases in federal district courts across the country, at the Patent Trials and Appeals Board, and at the Federal Circuit.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Intellectual Property & Technology Practice: With more than 180 intellectual property attorneys and agents in the United States, Asia, and Europe, Greenberg Traurig provides a broad range of patent, trademark and copyright protection and strategic counseling. Greenberg Traurig was named a “National Tier 1” Law Firm for IP Litigation, Patent Law, Trademark and Information Technology Law by U.S. News and Best Lawyers, 2017 “Best Law Firms Rankings."
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.