BOSTON – Aug. 20, 2019 – The 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America lists 13 Boston attorneys from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. For the 13th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is recognized for having more attorneys listed in the guide than any other law firm. Nationwide, the guide lists nearly 400 Greenberg Traurig attorneys.
According to its website, Best Lawyers in America is compiled based on peer reviews provided by leading attorneys throughout the country within the same geographical area and legal practice area as the nominees.
The Boston Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed, their corresponding category/practice areas(s), and the year they were first listed are:
- Mark A. Berthiaume (2020) – Commercial Litigation
- Joseph P. Davis III (2018) – Litigation – Bankruptcy
- John A. DeTore (1993) – Energy Law
- John F. Farraher, Jr. (2018) – Commercial Litigation
- John J. Griffin, Jr. (1983) – Real Estate Law
- Edward S. Hershfield (2009) – Real Estate Law
- Mark Hichar (2018) – Gaming Law
- James D. Masterman (2007) – Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- J. Gregory Milmoe (2006) – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Terence P. McCourt (2018) – Employment Law – Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Christopher H. Milton (2010) – Real Estate Law
- A. John Pappalardo (2006) – Criminal Defense: White-Collar; Litigation – Securities
- James R. Shea, Jr. (2010) – Real Estate Law
Masterman and Milmoe were also named 2020 Lawyers of the Year.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Boston Office: Established in 1999, Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office is home to over 70 attorneys practicing in the areas of bankruptcy, business aviation, corporate, emerging technology, energy, gaming, governmental affairs, intellectual property, labor and employment, life sciences and medical technology, litigation, public finance, and real estate. An important contributor to the firm's international platform, the Boston office includes a team of nationally recognized attorneys with both public and private sector experience. The team offers clients the value of decades of legal experience and hands-on knowledge of the local business community, supported by the firm's vast network of global resources.
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,100 attorneys in 41 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: http://www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law