PHOENIX – Aug. 20, 2019 – The 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America lists 24 attorneys from the Phoenix office of global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP. Additionally, three attorneys are named “Lawyer of the Year,” and the firm is top-listed in the Phoenix metro market for Banking and Finance Law. The firm is also top-listed nationally for Corporate Law, Entertainment Law – Music, and Government Relations Practice.
Karl A. Freeburg is listed as “Lawyer of the Year” for Commercial Finance Law; James F. Miles is listed as “Lawyer of the Year” for Health Care Law; and James M. Nelson is listed as “Lawyer of the Year” for Employment Law – Management. Only one lawyer in each practice and designated metropolitan area is recognized as a “Lawyer of the Year.”
This year, nearly 400 Greenberg Traurig attorneys from across the firm’s U.S. offices are ranked in the publication, with 26 of the firm’s attorneys named “Lawyers of the Year.” For the 13th consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed by Best Lawyers for having the highest number of attorneys listed.
According to the Best Lawyers website, attorneys are selected based upon a peer-review process, to capture a general consensus from leaders in the legal field regarding their peers’ accomplishments and capabilities.
The Phoenix Greenberg Traurig attorneys listed in 2020 Best Lawyers in America are:
- Benjamin Aguilera – International Trade and Finance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Brian H. Blaney – Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation, Venture Capital Law
- Mary E. Bruno – Employment Law – Management
- Rebecca Lynne Burnham – Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law
- Michael Cafiso – Public Finance Law
- John E. Cummerford – Copyright Law, Patent Law, Technology Law, Trademark Law
- William R. DeHaan – Public Finance Law
- Karl A. Freeburg – Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law
- Robert M. Goldich – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation -Labor and Employment
- Stanton E. Johnson – Real Estate Law
- Robert S. Kant – Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Securities Regulation
- Leslie (Les) A. Klein – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Bruce E. Macdonough – Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Michael Mason – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management
- James F. Miles – Health Care Law
- Kevin J. Morris – Banking and Finance Law – Management, Real Estate Law
- Bruce T. Neel – Patent Law
- James M. Nelson – Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Pamela Overton Risoleo – Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Gil Rudolph – Banking and Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- Ralph W. Selitto, Jr. – Litigation - Patent
- Jeffrey H. Verbin – Banking and Finance Law, Equipment Finance Law, Financial Services Regulation Law
- E. Jeffrey Walsh – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Real Estate
- Quinn P. Williams – Corporate Law, Franchise Law, Venture Capital Law
About Greenberg Traurig’s Phoenix Office: Greenberg Traurig’s Phoenix attorneys practice locally and nationally at the intersection of business, government, and the law. Combining local experience and global reach, the Phoenix team represents clients in matters related to commercial litigation, securities, mergers and acquisitions, health care, municipal and corporate finance, intellectual property, labor and employment, real estate, and tax.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig (GT) has more than 2,100 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.