Philip E. Bryans advises clients on matters relating to U.S. and international data privacy and cybersecurity issues including navigating the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), UK GDPR, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Children’s Online Privacy Act, Telephone Consumer Privacy Act, CAN-SPAM, Federal Trade Commission Act and state security and breach notification laws. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US). Philip also has experience with corporate mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and securities, which he utilizes to better serve corporate clients in the privacy and cybersecurity areas. Philip also advises companies in drafting and negotiating technology agreements.
- Drafting and advising on varied agreements with third parties relating to data privacy and cybersecurity
- Drafting and advising on privacy notices and internal privacy and security policies
- Analyzing the privacy and security framework and liabilities of target companies in the context of mergers and acquisitions
- Helping companies comply with international and cross-border legal obligations
- Helping companies prepare for new U.S. and international privacy laws
- Advising on data security incidents