Ron S. GraceShareholder firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Grace serves as general corporate counsel and transactional counsel with respect to a wide variety of business transactions. He represents emerging and established companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, fund formation matters, private placements of equity securities, and general contract, securities, and health care law. Ron also has deep experience working with entrepreneurs on legal and business matters having served as in-house counsel and vice president of business affairs for a start-up internet company and in a business development role at a software company.
In the health care space, Ron advises clients, including a wide range of providers throughout the United States such as ambulatory surgical centers, surgical hospitals, dialysis centers and physician practices. Ron regularly leads multidisciplinary legal teams representing buyers and sellers on all phases of health care transactions, from due diligence through closing and beyond. He has considerable experience advising clients on compliance with health care laws such as the Stark Law and the federal Anti-Kickback Statute.
A component of Ron’s corporate practice involves representing real estate fund sponsors in the negotiation, structuring, and formation of investment vehicles, including advising on partnership and subscription arrangements, as well as capital raising and investor relations best practices. Ron’s real estate funds work covers a diverse range of real estate assets classes, including office buildings, retail and mixed-use facilities, hospitality, multifamily facilities, and industrial properties.
Ron’s general corporate practice involves advising businesses in their day-to-day operations. He provides counsel on risk management, deal structuring, and the review, drafting, and negotiation of contracts. He also represents clients as they raise capital by the issuance of securities in transactions exempt under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933 and under state securities laws.
In his practice serving emerging businesses, Ron advises on the formation and governance of new companies including providing advice on choice of entity. He prepares partnership agreements, operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and other formation documents, and provides counsel on issues relating to corporate governance.
Ron has been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of Healthcare. In the 2021 edition of Chambers, Ron received notice for being “extremely professional and knowing the law. He guides [clients] to the best outcome every time.” Commenters also said that Ron “is exceptionally responsive and knowledgeable - his passion for the healthcare industry is reflected in his excellent advice, relationships and work product.”
- Mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and joint ventures
- Health care transactions
- Fund formation
- Real estate investments
- Business formations and governance
- General corporate and transactional matters
- Private offerings of equity
- Lead transactional counsel on sale of a California Knox-Keene licensed health plan and independent practice association (IPA) to a population health management company.°
- Lead counsel on an industry disruptive transaction representing one of the nation’s leading nonprofit providers of kidney dialysis and related services in its formation of a strategic relationship with a national retail pharmacy chain, including the sale of several dialysis centers.°
- Representation of a leading national ASC management company in the structuring and formation of multiple joint ventures with health systems/hospitals and physicians throughout the United States.°
- Representation of an orthopedics practice in its private equity roll-up transaction resulting in the creation of the premier physician-owned orthopedic platform in the country.
- Representation of a portfolio of Northern California ambulatory surgery centers with corporate restructuring and sale to a strategic buyer.
- Representation of a large not-for-profit regional health care network in the acquisition of a majority interest in a de novo ambulatory surgery center located in Southern California.
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Grace prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Business Development, Event411, 2000-2001
- Legal Counsel and Vice President of Business Affairs, GolfSpan.com, 1999-2000
- Judicial Extern, Hon. A. Andrew Hawk, Senior Judge, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 1993
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, Chambers USA Guide, California - Healthcare, 2021-2022
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth – Los Angeles Chapter
- Member, ProVisors Professional Networking Group – Century City 7 Chapter
J.D., Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 1995
- Member, St. Thomas More Honor Society
- B.A., with honors, University of California at Santa Barbara, 1991
- Hebrew, Conversational