Shalayne PillarAssociate Shalayne.Pillar@gtlaw.com
Shalayne Pillar focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, particularly intellectual property, employment law, and professional responsibility claims. Within intellectual property, Shalayne has experience handling a variety of claims related to trademark and copyright law including infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, cyberpiracy, and deceptive advertising claims. Related to employment, her litigation experience includes complex wage and hour issues, non-compete and employment contracts, and discrimination claims. Shalayne often works with employers defending themselves against former or rogue employees, who may have taken the employer’s valuable intellectual property.
Shalayne also provides counsel on a broad range of regulatory issues and internal policies to minimize potential liability, and she has experience with professional responsibility claims and related matters, including discipline defense, disqualification, and lawyer liability.
- Served as trial counsel for wellness company asserting trademark infringement, unfair competition, and breach of contract against former employees in Maricopa Superior Court.°
- On summary judgment, obtained complete dismissal in client’s favor on sexual harassment claim.°
- Managed several nationwide trademark enforcement campaigns to track down and stop infringers from using client’s marks, products, and slogans.°
- Successfully second chaired trial at Immigration Court as pro bono counsel; took lead on client’s appeal at both the Board of Immigration Appeals and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.°
- Experienced in briefing critical motions including motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and various pre-and post-trial motions.°
°The above representations were handled by Ms. Pillar prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
- Arizona Students’ Association, 2011-2013
- Judicial Intern, Federal Fiduciary, 2016
- Legal Intern, Monsanto Company, 2015
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America
- "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, 2023
- "Ones to Watch," Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2023
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, “Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Stars,” 2022-2023
- Recipient, Florence Immigrant & Refugee Rights Project, Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2019
- Member, Arizona Bar Association, 2017-Present
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2017
- Articles Editor, Washington University Law Review
- B.A., magna cum laude, Arizona State University