Krzysztof PopławskiAssociate Krzysztof.Poplawski@gtlaw.com
Krzysztof Popławski focuses his practice on litigation proceedings, specifically on international and domestic arbitration proceedings and disputes before common courts.
- Commercial arbitration
- Investment arbitration
- Commercial litigation
- Participated in the work for a Polish subsidiary of Rentokil Initial plc in connection with the acquisition of 100 % of the shares in VACO Sp. z o.o.
- Participated in the work for White Stone Development on the acquisition of a 200,000 sq.m. property located in the Bielany district of Warsaw, consisting of over 100 plots of land.
- Participated in the work for Abris CEE Mid-Market Fund III L.P., managed by Abris Capital Ltd., in the acquisition of Scanmed S.A.
- Participated in the work for one of the largest real estate investment funds of the Central and Eastern Europe in connection with a transactional dispute brought before the International Court of Arbitration at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Participated in the work for mBank S.A. in connection with its defense against landmark class action litigation held before the Polish courts, initiated by approx. 1,300 claimants in connection with foreign currency denominated mortgage loans.
- Participated in the work for Michael Ehrenstein in connection with a court dispute concerning the unlawful dissolution of the Ehrenstein Charbonneau Calderin law firm brought before the Miami-Dade Circuit court.°
- Participated in the work for the real estate investment fund CK Holding Group in connection with a court dispute regarding fraud claims brought by investors before the Miami-Dade Circuit Court.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Popławski prior to his joining GREENBERG TRAURIG Nowakowska-Zimoch Wysokiński sp.k.
Recognition & Leadership
- 3rd place – “Speaker” category, Central and East European Moot Competition in Luxembourg, 2019
- Award for the best student of the Center for American Law Studies, the University of Warsaw 2018
- Award for the ex aequo best student of the British Law Center, the University of Warsaw 2019
- Trainee, Warsaw Bar Association
- Master of Law, the University of Warsaw, 2020
- Diploma, British Law Center at the University of Warsaw, Foundation Juris Anglia Scientia in cooperation with the University of Cambridge, 2019
- Diploma, Center for American Law Studies at the University of Warsaw, organized by Georgia State University and Emory University in Atlanta, 2018
- Polish, Native
- English, Fluent
- Spanish, Conversational