Barry E. ShimkinShareholder email@example.com
Barry E. Shimkin concentrates his practice in the area of transactional real estate law. He focuses on commercial leasing, including office and retail leases from both landlord's and tenant's side, sale and lease back transactions, triple net and ground leases, brokerage, rental agency and management agreements, and related areas.
- Coordination and overseeing of leasing programs at major Class A New York City office buildings, including 101 Park Avenue and 101 Avenue of the Americas.
- Representation of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA)/Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) in connection with the leasing (and condominiumization) of the Atlantic Avenue LIRR Terminal Project in Brooklyn, NY for a retail center and office building.
- Representation of MTA/LIRR in connection with the sale and leasing of portions of the Vanderbilt Train Yard for construction of Barclays Center at 620 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, NY.
- Representation of MTA and New York City Transit in connection with Subway Compliance with Americans Disabilities Act.
- Representation of Nomura Holding American Inc. in the leasing of New York headquarters at Worldwide Plaza, 309 West 49th Street, NYC.
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2013-2023
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2013, 2017-2018, and 2022
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2006-2012 and 2015-2022
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, "Law Firm of the Year" in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011-2013, 2015, and 2022
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013 and 2014
- Listed, AVENUE magazine "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, April 2011
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5.0
°AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Committee on Commercial Leasing
- Volunteer, Association for Children with Down Syndrome
- J.D., cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 1973
- M.A., New York University, 1967
B.A., Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1965
- Harpur College
- New York