Jared C. SlipmanAssociate Jared.Slipman@gtlaw.com
Jared C. Slipman focuses his practice on environmental risk management and mitigation in matters concerning real estate development and in connection with large-scale corporate mergers and acquisitions. As part of his role, he aides in the process of negotiating, manuscripting and obtaining bespoke insurance coverage for clients acquiring environmentally impacted real property. He also advises clients on a number of interconnected corporate matters including entity formation and classification issues, corporate agreements, and managing associated legal and tax implications. Prior to joining the firm, Jared managed federal tax diligence in connection with multi-billion-dollar M&A transactions, primarily for buy-side private equity clients and on behalf of multi-national corporations. Jared also mitigated tax risks associated with cross-border financing and restructuring matters and assisted clients with the tax implications associated with debt-refinancing. Jared uses his background in finance to approach client issues with a holistic business perspective; prior to joining the legal profession Jared worked for two Wall Street-based firms in Manhattan in the field of asset-backed lending and quantitative trading.
- Part of a team that represented an affiliate of The Carlyle Group in connection with an investment in Tillman Infrastructure, a leading privately held cell tower platform in the United States.
- Part of a team that represented an affiliate of The Carlyle Group in connection with the acquisition of Involta, LLC, a leading regional U.S. data center and hybrid infrastructure company.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Tax, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, 2019-2021
- Vice President, Operations Manager, CEMS, LLC, 2014–2016
- Associate, Operations Management, World Business Lenders, LLC, 2013-2014
- Law Clerk, Hon. Wendy Beetlestone, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2017
- SeniorLaw Center, low-income taxpayer advocacy internship, 2017
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, a Law360 “Environmental Practice Group of the Year,” 2022
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Volunteer, Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society, 2018-Present
- Introduction to Transactional Skills Judge, Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2019-Present
- Ambassador, Tourette Association of America, 2011-2017
J.D., cum laude, Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2019
- Law Faculty Scholar
- Delta Alpha Pi Honors Society
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Russian, Conversational