Alexander Lawrence StrohmeyerAssociate firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Lawrence Strohmeyer represents institutions and individuals in white collar criminal defense, corporate investigations, and complex commercial litigation. Alex handles matters involving insider trading and other securities fraud, health care fraud, corporate misconduct, antitrust, FCA liability, and FCPA enforcement. Alex also provides regulatory advice concerning potential exposure to regulatory, criminal, and civil liability by the SEC, DOJ, and FINRA in contexts including mergers and acquisitions and antitrust. Additionally, Alex practices complex commercial litigation on a range of matters in state and federal courts.
- Conduct internal white collar investigations and provide criminal defense representation for individuals and companies in connection with federal government actions concerning alleged health care fraud and other criminal offenses.
- Assisted with leading an independent internal investigation for a professional sports franchise, addressing allegations spanning over a dozen years.°
- Litigate complex commercial real estate matters and contractual disputes in state and federal court.
- Represented a multinational corporation in a white collar criminal defense matter involving claims brought under the FCPA and FCA resulting in a non-prosecution agreement with the DOJ and other U.S. and foreign law enforcement agencies.°
- Represented multiple clients accused of insider trading and related securities fraud, resulting in several settlements and one acquittal after a protracted jury trial.°
- Drafted pleadings, motions, supervised discovery, and took and defended depositions in a residential mortgage-backed securities case involving approximately $1 billion in toxic assets sold to investors during the 2007-2008 financial crisis.°
- Argued an opposition to a motion to dismiss in a complex commercial litigation in NY State court.°
- Assisted in the drafting of a motion for summary judgment and multiple appellate briefs in defending a New Jersey State agency’s exercise of its power of eminent domain, including a writ of certiorari to the U.S. Supreme Court.°
- Represented pro bono clients in criminal defense and immigration matters for the Bronx Public Defenders.°
- Represented pro bono clients in landlord-tenant disputes, including drafting a successful motion for summary judgment in an issue of first impression concerning military veteran disabilities under the New York Rent Stabilization Code.°
- Advised an Israeli high-frequency trading firm on FINRA, SEC, federal antitrust, and other regulatory concerns as well as litigation exposure in connection with the acquisition of a U.S. investment firm.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Strohmeyer prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Investment Analyst, Raymond James Financial, 2010-2012
- Externship Attorney, Criminal Division, Philadelphia Office of the District Attorney, 2016
- Law Clerk, Criminal Division, Major Crimes Unit, The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, 2014
Recognition & Leadership
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, "Ones to Watch," Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
- B.B.A., Finance, cum laude, University of Miami, 2010
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2016
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Certificate in Management
- Associate Editor, Journal of International Law
- New York
- French, Advanced
- Spanish, Proficient
- Thai, Conversational
- Chinese (Mandarin), Conversational