Anthony P. VernaceShareholder email@example.com
Anthony P. Vernace focuses his practice on a wide range of real estate issues, including acquiring, disposing of and financing all types of real property and negotiating commercial office, retail, and industrial leases. He has substantial experience representing homebuilders and developers in land acquisitions and project development. He also advises institutional lenders on a wide variety of matters in connection with commercial loan workouts, including loan modifications, forbearance agreements, cross-collateralization agreements, foreclosure and taking deeds in lieu of foreclosure.
- Advises homebuilder clients in connection with purchases of thousands of acres of land often including agreements to jointly develop property with others.
- Advises clients in connection with acquiring, refinancing and obtaining initial construction financing for hotels.
- Advises clients in connection with purchases and sales of commercial office buildings, occasionally including the assumption by the buyer of the seller’s existing loan.
- Advises clients in connection with agreements with architects for the design of large recreational facilities.°
- Advises clients in connection with purchasing and selling distressed loans, including the sale of a $103 million loan secured by real property in the Florida Keys.°
- Advised institutional lender clients in connection with the modification of a $60 million loan for the development of mixed-use commercial and residential condominiums in Miami-Dade County, Florida.°
- Advises clients on the Florida documentary stamp and nonrecurring intangible tax consequences of loan workouts and acquiring, disposing of and financing multistate real estate.°
°The above representations were handled by Mr. Vernace prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Financial Analyst, Ocwen Financial Corporation, Strategic Planning Department
Recognition & Leadership
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2017-2018 and 2022
- Recipient, the Daily Business Review, “Young Lawyer on the Rise,” 2017
- Recipient, Greenberg Traurig West Palm Beach Shareholder Anthony P. Vernace Honored by the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, GT Alert, May 9
- Team Member, a U.S. News - Best Lawyers®, "Law Firm of the Year" in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2014
- Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2013, 2015, and 2022
- Greenberg Traurig West Palm Beach Office Pro Bono Coordinator
- Member, Board of Directors, YMCA of the Palm Beaches
- Founding Member, YMCA of Greater Miami, Young Professionals Group
- Past Member, University of Florida Alumni Association, Gator Club of Miami
- Past Chairman, Legal Committee
- Past Board Member
- Past Volunteer, Kids and the Power of Work (KAPOW)
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2006
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Inter-American Law Review, August 2004-May 2006
- B.S., cum laude, University of Florida, 2002