As a startup company, the decisions you make when forming and organizing your company and operating on a limited budget can have consequences that are difficult or expensive to remedy. Michelle Hallsten will address the top 10 legal mistakes that early stage companies make when starting their businesses, which can include:
- not complying with federal and state securities laws
- failing to identify and protect intellectual property
- issuing too much equity to co-founders and service providers
- issuing equity without vesting
- failing to incorporate early
- promising more to investors that can be delivered
- not complying with employment laws
Whether you are still at the cocktail napkin stage or ready to incorporate, this presentation will provide valuable information that will positively impact the success of your startup.
Appetizers, water, tea, and coffee will be provided.