CHICAGO – Feb. 12, 2015 – The international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP announced the elevation of Brett M. Doran, Jason B. Elster, Tiffany S. Fordyce, Marc E. Harrison, Keith R. Jarosik, Meredith L. Katz, and Edward R. Winkofsky to shareholder in its Chicago office. Firm wide, Greenberg Traurig elevated 32 attorneys to shareholder and 20 to of counsel in its 2015 class.
- Doran is a member of the Litigation Practice and concentrates on commercial litigation, with an emphasis on class action, securities, and financial services industry litigation. He earned his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School and his B.A. from Indiana University.
- Elster is a member of the Litigation Practice and focuses on a wide range of commercial litigation matters in both state and federal court. He earned his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Fordyce is a member of the Labor & Employment Practice and concentrates on commercial litigation with an emphasis on discrimination and retaliation claims, wage and hour claims, trade secret misappropriation claims, whistleblower claims, and the WARN Act. She earned her J.D. from the University of Southern California Law School and her B.A. from Pomona College.
- Harrison is a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice and focuses in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing matters. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law and his B.A from Loyola University Chicago.
- Jarosik is a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice and focuses on patent prosecution, client counseling, and opinion drafting. He earned his J.D. from the John Marshall Law School and his B.S.M.E. from the University of Notre Dame.
- Katz is a member of the Real Estate Practice and represents clients in connection with structuring, negotiating, and documenting various aspects of commercial real estate transactions. She earned her J.D. from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law and her B.A. from the University of Michigan.
- Winkofsky is a member of the Corporate & Securities and Global Gaming Practice and focuses on gaming regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, licensure, internal investigations, and general corporate counseling in all facets of the regulated gaming industry. He earned his J.D. from the Loyola University Chicago School of Law and his B.A., with honors, from Indiana University.
“Those named to our class of 2015 represent the firm’s commitment to excellence in the delivery of legal services. They live the special culture that is Greenberg Traurig. Because of professionals like these throughout the firm, we have been able to remain committed to unmatched coverage of the United States. We also have a highly focused international expansion based on excellence and strength rather than simply geographical spread that in itself adds no value to our clients and which could dilute our quality, culture, and financial condition,” said Richard A. Rosenbaum, Greenberg Traurig’s CEO.