MIAMI – Feb. 17, 2015 – International law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A., has elevated to Shareholder five attorneys at its Miami office: Steve Bassin; Michael R. Einig; Lacey D. Hofmeyer; Joshua M. Samek; and Jordan B. Taylor.
- Bassin, a member of the Real Estate Practice Group, represents hotel, resort, shopping center and other mixed-use real estate developers. His real estate experience includes negotiation and implementation of all aspects of acquisitions, leasing and financing. He received a law degree, magna cum laude, in 2006 from the University of Miami School of Law.
- Einig, a member of the Tax Practice Group, focuses his practice on employee benefit plans and executive compensation matters. He received a law degree, cum laude, in 2007 from Western New England College School of Law.
- Hofmeyer, a member of the Litigation Practice Group, focuses her practice on resolving complex commercial, real estate, and products liability disputes through the Florida federal and state courts. She received a law degree, cum laude, in 2006 from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
- Samek, a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group, focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, financing transactions and general corporate and business law matters. He received a law degree, summa cum laude, in 2007 from the University of Miami School of Law.
- Taylor, a member of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group, focuses his law practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and other general corporate matters. He received a law degree, cum laude, in 2006 from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Firm-wide, Greenberg Traurig elevated 32 attorneys to shareholder and 20 to of counsel positions, in keeping with the firm’s strategic focus on strengthening key areas of practice with top-tier practitioners. Overall, the 2015 class represents more than 13 core practice groups, including Corporate & Securities, Environmental, Government Law & Policy, Immigration, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate and Tax, across 23 of the firm’s 37 offices in the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
In Florida, Greenberg Traurig serves clients from across seven offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, Tampa and West Palm Beach. The 2014 Chambers USA Guide includes 53 Greenberg Traurig Florida attorneys and 12 practice groups. Of these attorneys, five are also recognized in the nationwide rankings. The 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 129 Florida attorneys. The firm is top-listed across nine practice areas in Florida.