BOSTON – March 13, 2015 – The Boston office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP hosted Dr. Gary R. Fleisher from Boston Children's Hospital as the featured speaker for its “Conversation With” monthly breakfast series. Dr. Fleisher is the Physician-in-Chief, Pediatrician-in-Chief, and chairman of the Department of Medicine at Boston Children's Hospital and the Egan Family Foundation Professor, Department of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. He discussed “The Next Big Ideas in Pediatric Medicine,” a discussion on how gene therapy, single-cell sequencing, surgical glue, and more will reshape care for our youngest patients and what it takes to transform ideas into breakthrough treatments. The event was moderated by Terence P. McCourt, managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig’s Boston office and member of the Boston Children’s Hospital Board of Overseers.
“Conversation With” is an invitation-only Greenberg Traurig Boston speaker series that hosts local government, business, and community leaders who are at the forefront of issues facing the region, including economic, cultural, scientific, social, and public policy matters. Past speakers include:
- Attorney Kenneth R. Feinberg, managing partner of Feinberg Rozen, LLP and former One Fund Boston administrator
- Thomas J. Sommer, president of Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC)
- Gordon Jones, managing director of the Harvard Innovation Lab (Harvard i-lab)
- Robert Coughlin, president & CEO of Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio)
- Paul S. Grogan, president & CEO of The Boston Foundation
- Malli Gero, co-founder & president, 2020 Women on Boards, and Kathleen McQuiggan, senior vice president of Global Women's Strategies, Pax World Management LLC and co-president, Ellevate Boston Chapter