TEL AVIV, Israel -- May 15, 2015 -- The international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, the only Am Law 100 law firm that maintains a full service, permanent office in Israel, is a sponsor of the 15th Annual Conference of the Israel Bar Association. The conference focuses on international legal issues and is being held Sunday, May 17, through Wednesday, May 20, in the Israeli resort city of Eilat.
Greenberg Traurig has more than 1,800 lawyers in 37 offices around the world, including 29 in the United States, and has had a robust Israel Practice Group for over a decade. The firm’s office is registered with the Israel Bar Association and the State of Israel. In 2012, Greenberg Traurig established the office in Israel with Gary M. Epstein as the office’s managing shareholder. Epstein is also co-chair of the firm’s robust and well-established Israel Practice and senior chair of its Global Corporate & Securities Practice. Today, among the firm’s shareholders resident in Tel Aviv are Joey T. Shabot and Adam Snukal. Bob Grossman serves as co-chair of the practice with shareholders Meital Stavinsky, Ian Ballon, Scott Bornstein, David J. Dykeman, David Gitlin, Barry Schindler, and David I. Schulman, and Of Counsel Ephraim Schmeidler also integral members of its leadership.
“Our Tel Aviv presence offers Israeli clients and local law firms the immediate global reach of Greenberg Traurig’s international network, connecting Israel to major commercial centers throughout the world,” said Richard A. Rosenbaum, Greenberg Traurig’s chief executive officer. “Moreover, because we recognize that Israel is well supplied with outstanding local lawyers, we do not practice Israeli law. We focus instead on providing effective and efficient strategic advice and the full breadth of our non-Israeli legal services, and we frequently work together with Israeli law firms.”
"We are honored to partner with a firm of Greenberg Traurig's size and stature for our annual conference," said Adv. Doron Barzilay, president of the Israel Bar Association. "Greenberg Traurig's early commitment to being present in Israel is a testament to its understanding of the increasing maturity of the Israeli legal market."
As a partial illustration of the breadth of the resources Greenberg Traurig offers, in addition to its Tel Aviv team, the following Greenberg Traurig attorneys from abroad are speaking at the conference:
- The Honorable Peter Hoekstra (Washington, D.C.), former Chairman of the U.S. House Permanent Committee on Intelligence.
- Hilarie Bass (Miami), co-president of the firm and an unopposed candidate for President-Elect of the American Bar Association (2017).
- Kenneth Minesinger (Washington, D.C.), co-head of the firm’s Energy and Infrastructure Group, who represents sovereign governments in the development of their oil and gas resources.
- John Pappalardo (Boston), co-head of the firm’s White Collar Litigation Group and former U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts and Commissioner of the State Ethics Commission.
- Gregory Kehoe (Tampa), former prosecutor in the U.S. Department of Justice for over 20 years. He led a team of lawyers and investigators who advised the Iraqi Special Tribunal prosecuting Saddam Hussein.