Event Was Co-Hosted by Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management Alumni Club of Boston
BOSTON – June 9, 2015 — The Boston office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP recently hosted Frederick Breimyer, Ph.D., Boston area economist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), as the featured speaker for its “A Conversation With” monthly breakfast series. Dr. Breimyer discussed “Economic Outlook and Challenges for Boston and Beyond,” which highlighted the economic developments affecting businesses and financial institutions in New England as well as the global economy. Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management Alumni Club of Boston co-hosted the breakfast, and Chinh H. Pham, co-leader of Greenberg Traurig’s Emerging Technology Group, and co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property (IP) Group in Boston, provided opening remarks. The event took place June 4, 2015.
“A Conversation With” is an invitation-only Greenberg Traurig Boston speaker series that hosts local government, business, and community leaders who are at the forefront of issues facing the region, including economic, cultural, scientific, social, and public policy matters. Past speakers include:
- Attorney Kenneth R. Feinberg, Managing Partner of Feinberg Rozen, LLP and former One Fund Boston Administrator;
- Thomas J. Sommer, President of Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council (MassMEDIC);
- Gordon Jones, Managing Director of the Harvard Innovation Lab (Harvard i-lab);
- Robert Coughlin, President & CEO of Massachusetts Biotechnology Council (MassBio);
- Malli Gero, Co-Founder & President, 2020 Women on Boards, and Kathleen McQuiggan, Senior Vice President of Global Women's Strategies, Pax World Management LLC and Co-President, Ellevate Boston Chapter; and
- Dr. Gary Fleisher, Physician-in-Chief and Pediatrician-in-Chief, Boston Children's Hospital.