TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Aug. 25, 2015 – The 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America includes 10 attorneys from the Tallahassee office of international law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. The firm is top-listed in six practice areas in the state, and the Tallahassee office is top-listed in Health Care Law in Tallahassee based on the number of attorneys devoted to that practice area.
For the ninth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig – with over 350 U.S. based attorneys representing 86 different practice areas nationwide and 55 different practice areas in Florida – is ranked No. 1 by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in its 2016 edition.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical and legal practice areas.
Barry Richard, a Shareholder in the Tallahassee Litigation Practice, received special recognition as “Lawyer of the Year” in the Tallahassee Appellate Practice area. Only one lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is given this title.
Sonya C. Penley, a Shareholder in the Tallahassee Health & FDA Business Practice, is honored for the first time.
The Tallahassee attorneys recognized by Best Lawyers in America, their corresponding category/practice area(s) and the year they were first recognized, are:
- David C. Ashburn (2008) – Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law
- Fred W. Baggett (2007) – Government Relations Practice
- Lorence Jon Bielby (2008) – Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Technology Law
- Michael J. Cherniga (2006) – Government Relations Practice; Health Care Law
- Fred F. Harris (2010) – Corporate Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Tax Law
- M. Hope Keating (2010) – Appellate Practice; Health Care Law
- Robert R. McDonald (2009) – Real Estate Law
- Maribel N. Nicholson-Choice (2010) – Environmental Law
- Sonya C. Penley (2016) – Health Care Law
- Barry Richard (2006) – Appellate Practice; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law; Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
In Florida, Greenberg Traurig was top-listed in the following six practice areas:
Government Relations Practice
Litigation – Land Use and Zoning
Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
Litigation – Securities
Public Finance Law
- Securities/Capital Markets Law