NEW YORK – May 2, 2019 – Eight women attorneys from global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP have been shortlisted for Euromoney Legal Media Group’s annual “Women in Business Law Awards.” The publication also shortlisted the firm in nine firmwide categories. The Americas awards ceremony will take place Thursday, June 6, 2019, at Essex House in New York. The Europe awards ceremony will take place the following week Thursday, June 13, 2019, at The Savoy in London.
According to Euromoney, winners are chosen based on their ability to support the development of women in the legal profession and provide a work/life program that empowers women to pursue legal careers. Criteria include the ratio of female-to-male lawyers (at all levels of seniority), the retention of women associates to partner level, and relevant diversity initiatives. Individual winners are selected based on their professional accomplishments as well as advocacy and influence over the last 12 months.
Greenberg Traurig women attorneys were shortlisted in the following categories:
- Best in Litigation: Lori G. Cohen (Americas)
- Best in Media & Entertainment: Barbara Meili (Americas)
- Best in Real Estate: Jolanta Nowakowska-Zimoch (Europe)
- Best in Tax: Mary F. Voce (Americas)
- Best in Technology: Francoise Gilbert (Americas)
- Best in Technology, Media & Telecommunications: Viola Bensinger (Europe)
- Best in Wealth Management: Diana S.C. Zeydel (Americas)
- Rising Star – Intellectual Property: Lisa Li (Americas)
The firm was shortlisted in the following categories:
- Best International Firm Latin America Practice
- Best International Firm for Diversity
- Best International Mentoring Program
- Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work
For the third consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig was also shortlisted in five different regions as a Best Law Firm based on the ration of men to women attorneys in each office at every level. According to Euromoney, the selection is also based on the firm’s overall submissions. Greenberg Traurig is recognized in the following locations:
- Best Firm, Latin America – Mexico
- Best Firm, North America – Midwest
- Best Firm, North America – Northeast
- Best Firm, North America – US South
- Best Firm, North America – US West
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.