According to The Legal 500, Greenberg Traurig’s Blockchain Practice “has core strength in financial regulation and has also shown expertise across a range of transactional and contentious matters in the digital currency space.” The guide recognized shareholders Barbara A. Jones and Carl A. Fornaris, co-chairs of the firm’s Blockchain Practice, as well as William B. Mack, co-chair of the firm’s Financial Regulatory and Compliance Practice, and David I. Miller as key lawyers within the practice.
The publication highlighted Greenberg Traurig’s work in the following cases as part of the recognition:
- Advised a credit aggregator on corporate structuring, private capital raises, token structuring, and preparatory discussions with SEC in connection with a no-action letter
- Advised a software development company on corporate structuring, securities issues, capital raises, broker-dealer/trading matters, tax structuring, and related regulatory issues
- Advised a client on regulatory licensing and registration issues for a proposed cryptocurrency trading platform
- Assisted a cryptocurrency custody and asset management service provider with custody arrangements, regulatory registrations and licensing
- Advised a client on U.S. federal and multi-state money transmitter licensing matters
Greenberg Traurig’s Blockchain team advises clients on appropriate standards and protocols for the deployment of blockchain applications and smart contract coding to ensure that clients can meet the demands of regulators, law enforcement, and any trier of fact or law. The attorneys also assist clients with cryptocurrency and digital assets opportunities.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Blockchain Group: Greenberg Traurig’s Blockchain Group is comprised of more than 80 attorneys across multiple legal disciplines in key financial hubs around the world. The team leverages its diverse experience to advise clients on matters ranging from token structuring, fund formation, investment strategies, financial regulation and registration, international tax planning and structuring, stable coins and asset-backed digital assets, infrastructure applications, technology licensing and development, securities compliance, cryptocurrency exchanges and trading, and blockchain-as-a-service. The team also advises governments and municipalities on evolving or model regulatory standards and other pertinent matters relating to blockchain.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2,200 attorneys in 41 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.