MIAMI, FL – Oct. 12, 2021 – Twenty-six attorneys and nine practices at global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP and Greenberg Traurig, SC in Mexico City have been recognized in the 2021 edition of the Latin Lawyer 250, a guide to the leading business law firms of Latin America published by Latin Lawyer.
The guide is based on intensive research by Latin Lawyer’s editorial and research team and firms are selected for listing based on merit. The publication aims to identify firms whose services would be of benefit to international clients and sophisticated Latin American companies. The guide is designed to serve as an in-depth review of the strengths, history, and culture of leading firms and identify key players across each country and practice area, according to Latin Lawyer.
The guide recognized that “Greenberg Traurig, LLP takes a much more business-minded approach than some rivals, with a clear directive for partners to build business where they see opportunity. The firm aims to provide an alternative to the traditional New York firms in Latin America, seeking to be equally high-quality, but more cost-effective and more client-centric.”
Regarding the firm’s Mexico City office, the guide stated, “Greenberg Traurig has invested heavily in building a strong operation in Mexico City. Its strategy of cherry-picking the best talent since its launch in 2011 has paid off and the office is now undeniably a credible alternative to some of the home-grown Mexican firms.”
In the International section, Greenberg Traurig, LLP is highly recommended for services in the following areas: Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance, Arbitration, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Real Estate & Tourism, and Trade.
Greenberg Traurig, SC is highly recommended in Mexico for services in the following areas: Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance, Antitrust & Competition, Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Pro Bono, and Project Finance & Infrastructure.
Latin Lawyer 250 recognized attorneys in the following offices and practices:
- Richard F. Davis – Real Estate & Tourism
- Gerardo Carrillo Valadez – Banking & Finance; Corporate/M&A
- José Antonio Diez de Bonilla Martínez – Banking & Finance; Corporate/M&A; Real Estate & Tourism
- Miguel Flores Bernés – Antitrust & Competition
- Elba B. Gutiérrez – Pro Bono
- Hugo López Coll – Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance; Corporate/M&A
- Víctor Manuel Frías Garcés – Antitrust & Competition; Corporate/M&A
- Juan Manuel González Bernal – Banking & Finance; Project Finance & Infrastructure
- Miguel Moisés – Banking & Finance
- José Raz Guzmán – Banking & Finance; Corporate/M&A
- Emilio J. Alvarez-Farré – Banking & Finance; Corporate/M&A
- Carol Barnhart – Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance; Corporate/M&A
- Giovanni Biscardi – Corporate/M&A
- Angelika Hunnefeld – Arbitration
- Yosbel A. Ibarra – Corporate/M&A
- Joseph J. Mamounas – Arbitration
- Antonio Peña – Corporate/M&A
- Ross Kaufman – Banking & Finance
- Marc M. Rossell – Banking & Finance
- Oscar Stephens – Banking & Finance
- Michael J. Sullivan – Real Estate & Tourism
- Kara M. Bombach – Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance
- Cyril T. Brennan – Anti-Corruption Investigations & Compliance
- Nicole Y. Silver – Arbitration
About Greenberg Traurig: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has approximately 2,300 attorneys in 40 locations in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. The firm is net carbon neutral with respect to its office energy usage and Mansfield Rule 4.0 Plus Certified. Web: www.gtlaw.com