NEW YORK – March 7, 2019 – Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP announced the elevation of Brandilyn Y. Dumas, Joel C. Harrison, and Jennifer A. Surprenant to shareholder, and Daniel G. Egers, Julia M. Rogawski, and Paul Sarker to of counsel in its New York office.
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig announced the elevation of 32 attorneys from 17 offices, practicing in 13 areas of law. The firm, which earlier this year opened its 30th office in the United States and 39th worldwide, also reported a fifth consecutive year of record revenue of more than USD $1.55 Billion, an increase of USD $80 Million over 2017.
“We are proud of our elevated lawyers who have demonstrated a commitment to excellent client service,” said Stephen L. Rabinowitz, managing shareholder of the New York office. “We wish them continued success as they represent the future of Greenberg Traurig.”
- Dumas focuses her practice on commercial real estate transactions, including borrower- and lender-side financings, acquisitions and dispositions, and development, with respect to a variety of asset types, including office buildings, retail, student housing, hotels and resorts, multi-use developments, industrial properties, and multi-family developments.
- Harrison represents private equity funds, financial institutions, developers and other investors and operators in all types of real estate transactions, including financings on behalf of borrowers and lenders, joint ventures, development and the acquisition and disposition of both individual properties and multi-asset portfolios.
- Surprenant focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts, with an emphasis on intellectual property, breach of contract, antitrust, mass torts, oil and natural gas, and products liability. She represents clients in a broad range of industries, including technology, entertainment, tobacco, energy and natural gas, pharmaceutical and life sciences, retail, and distribution.
- Egers represents developers, institutions, and non-profit organizations before the New York City Council, City Planning Commission, Board of Standards and Appeals, and Landmarks Preservation Commission. He represents clients in a variety of New York land use and zoning matters, including re-zonings, special permits, variances, designations and alterations of landmarked buildings, and air rights transactions. Hr also has experience in New York City and State Government.
- Rogawski focuses her practice on government affairs, administrative law and major government contract matters around the United States. She has handled environmental matters and also has experience handling corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions.
- Sarker represents clients across a wide spectrum of practice areas within entertainment, sports, and media. His representative experience includes mergers and acquisitions, television affiliation and retransmission consent agreements, content licensing, business affairs, television production, copyright, recording agreements, sponsorships, rights acquisitions, finance, guild and union matters.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP: Greenberg Traurig, LLP (GT) has more than 2,000 attorneys in 39 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. GT has been recognized for its philanthropic giving, diversity, and innovation, and is consistently among the largest firms in the U.S. on the Law360 400 and among the Top 20 on the Am Law Global 100. Web: www.gtlaw.com Twitter: @GT_Law.