Terrence O. Davis advises and counsels a wide range of investment advisers, broker-dealers, and fund managers in connection with various matters arising under the federal securities laws, with a particular emphasis on the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. He counsels investment advisers and registered investment companies in connection with the structure of their compliance programs under these laws and develops related materials for investment advisers and registered investment companies, including training programs and compliance manuals. Terrence also represents clients in connection with routine examinations and enforcement actions by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Investment management
- Investment companies registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Investment advisers registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Private equity and venture capital funds
- Compliance programs of registered investment companies and registered investment advisers
- Corporate compliance and social responsibility
- Pension funds and institutional investors