Joseph Z. Fleming is an experienced litigator and labor and employment lawyer who represents a diverse group of clients (including but not limited to governmental entities, national and international airlines, utilities companies, land developers, and mining interests, manufacturers, media, health, hospitality industries, and retail and wholesale entities) in issues of labor and employment matters, workplace safety, hazardous-waste regulatory and insurance matters, environmental and land use and historic preservation, and complex international litigation. In addition, he also works in the entertainment, arts and sports law areas.
His labor and employment practice involves representation of management in matters involving:
- Representation proceedings pursuant to federal and state labor laws, and related litigation;
- Collective bargaining negotiations;
- Arbitration proceedings and enforcement of collective bargaining agreements;
- Affirmative action and equal opportunity compliance and related administrative and judicial proceedings;
- Representing and assisting and defending management decisions in labor and employment discrimination cases (pursuant to federal, state, constitutional and statutory and local civil rights, age, disability, wage and hour, occupational safety and hazard, workplace environment, leave and notice of layoffs and closures, defamation laws, and other protected interests);
- Complex litigation (including litigation pursuant to the Railway Labor Act, National Labor Relations Act, ERISA, RICO whistleblowing and cross border related litigation); and
- Due diligence evaluation and compliance regarding mergers, acquisitions, sales, and other transactional matters.